Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it true LSAC hides easy questions towards the end of LR sections?

rrustrrust Alum Member
in General 52 karma
So, I guess my question to the 7sage community is this: is there any merit in doing questions 1-10, then skipping to questions 20-25 before attacking the middle questions, 11-19? I have taken multiple practice tests and seem to notice that towards the end of LR sections there are many "toss up" questions. Unfortunately, I find myself with barely enough time to answer these easy questions because questions 11-19 have eaten up a lot of my time. Is this an advisable LR strategy?? Would love some feedback. Hope everyone's studying is going well.

Comments

• BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    edited May 2016 1706 karma
    I have definitely found that 22-25/26 are easier in enough instances to not chalk it completely up to chance. That said, sometimes 24-25/26 can be killers. I think my advice would be to work your way through the test, skipping questions that are more difficult or are taking you longer as you get to them (watch the webinar panel on skipping strategies it's awesome)--rather than jumping straight to 20 from 10.

It seems the test writers are wising up to the fact that we know where the easy questions are, so it's getting harder to predict where easier/harder questions are going to show up.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    I suppose you could, though I think developing a strategy of skipping individual questions that deserve to be skipped would be more beneficial and conducive to progress. In this way, you are able to detect which questions are easier or harder irrespective of their place in a particular section. Skipping to the last five or so questions seems somewhat risky to me, given that even if the questions are easier, they're generally longer and require more time to parse through. I agree with @BruiserWoods, check out the webinar on skipping strategies to gain solid techniques on the practice. I think that could help you a lot.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    I think @BruiserWoods and @danielznelson are giving solid advice. A strategy based on skipping after you've read and assessed the question is going to be more productive than one based on question number alone.
    As for the last few questions being easy, the one thing that I've noticed is that even when they are not necessarily difficult they tend to be quite long and time consuming. I also noticed that they contain a good amount of parallel reasoning questions, which are going to take a while to go through.
  • UsernameChangeUsernameChange Free Trial Member
    349 karma
    Skipping half of the questions in the middle is a recipe for a bubbling error imo.