Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem Sets at End of 7Sage Lessons

nslowry912nslowry912 Member
edited April 2017 in Study Guides/Cheat Sheets 27 karma

I've been wondering if it's advised to do all problem sets associated with a lesson before moving on to the next lesson, or if the problem sets are there for us to utilize later in the curriculum as a refresher. I understand that this could be entirely subjective and based on the individual, but was curious to see how others approach the problem sets. I've been completing at least half of the problem sets associated with the given lesson before moving on, while saving the rest for later after completing the course to drill and test my ability to remember how to attack the various question types.

Comments

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

This varies from person to person. For me, once I understood the question type and was getting most of them right, I would save the rest and move on (I would start easy and then skip a few to harder ones to test my understanding). But for some, like SA questions, that I struggled with I went and did them all.

My thought process is that I wanted to save some so that I could go back and have some questions that I have not done before/not exposed to; gives me a better idea where I may be at. But if I wasn't getting it at all, then I'd use them up. Again this varies person to person.

Hope this helps!

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@nslowry912 You don't have to do all the problem sets unless you feel you need them. If you're struggling with a particular question type stick with it until you get a better feel for it. The problem sets are from lower numbered PT so it won't hurt you to do all of them if you choose. If you have a good number of the more recent PT then it won't hurt you as far as available material, to complete them all. If you have the time go for it!

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I agree with @akeegs92 and @tanes256. I usually do them until I feel comfortable, and then if I struggle in my PT phase, I will drill a particular question type.

Even if you are to burn through all of them, you still have explanations to all of the questions since you have Ultimate+ so don't be afraid to make your own drills too :)

• nslowry912nslowry912 Member
    27 karma

Appreciate everyone's responses. Thanks for the advice!

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10789 karma

@nslowry912 said:
    I've been wondering if it's advised to do all problem sets associated with a lesson before moving on to the next lesson, or if the problem sets are there for us to utilize later in the curriculum as a refresher. I understand that this could be entirely subjective and based on the individual, but was curious to see how others approach the problem sets. I've been completing at least half of the problem sets associated with the given lesson before moving on, while saving the rest for later after completing the course to drill and test my ability to remember how to attack the various question types.

Definitely agree with the information above. Only do it till you get it and I really do mean "get it". No point in moving on if you are not comfortable with and not getting a lot of them right since you will just end up getting them wrong in the practice test phase. If they are any left over, it could be good practice for later. Don't worry about it if you don't have many problems left. You can just re-do them again as they are a great resource for drilling a couple of months later. Either way you would be fine. Just make sure you do understand the question type or the point of exercise before you skip it or you may have to come back to the core-curriculum again.