Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The continuing saga of 7Sager pencil preferences

NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
in General 5320 karma

I have to say that I have been using the Ticonderoga Blacks for the past week and I am really enjoying them. Oddly, I find that my LG diagramming has been MUCH neater since I began using them -- odd. Anyway, I feel more comfortable writing with these pencils and that is enough to convert me.

Obviously, I don't expect any sort of score increase merely form pencil choice, but just like doctors and waiters give thought to their shoe choice, LSAT preppers may consider giving thought to their pencil choice. : )

Comments

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

oh god, don't get me started. I read through every pencil thread on here AND tls. I spent hours researching pencils. I added every recommendation to my cart on amazon because I thought I would try everything out and pick from there. Ideally I'd have a pencil for LG (diagramming - needs to be sharp and hold its point well) and another for the rest of the test that might be a little more dull that bubbles extremely well (gotta save that .5 second on shading, bro).

Well, it turns out I added over $150 worth of pencils to my cart. Too expensive to test everything. Decided to check the local office stores and see if I can crack a box open and get a free demo; this would maybe eliminate my list in half, which I would deem as a justified experimentation expense. News flash, they don't stock good (read: exotic) pencils. They stock their name brand garbage pencils, and like basic ticonderoga's. No blacks, no tri's, no "my first ticonderoga", no uni hi-uni's, no staedtler mars/norica's/wopex, nothing.

I'm hesitant to order anything because it's literally personal preference and nobody's opinion carries any more weight than anyone elses. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

@Mellow_Z wow! I'm kind of speechless, man! I hope all this analysis didn't take too much time away from your core prep. Best of luck in your struggle! If you're ever in Pittsburgh, PA, you are welcome to a few of my Blacks : )

1997 karma

@jkatz1488 do you find the blacks adequate to use for bubbling? the only negative i've heard about them is that when going to erase a shaded bubble, there is serious ghosting left behind and it's almost impossible to completely remove.

• Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma

HAHAHAHAHA We were due for another fab pencil thread.

I used to use Papermates for years. Loved them until they changed the lead, so I dropped those like a bad habit.

Then I switched to my first Ticon and couldn't keep the lead sharpened like I like it, so gave those away to an inner city kindergarten class (teachers have to buy the kids' supplies, and they never have enough pencils. It's a very sad state of affairs.)

Then I tried the Tri Ticonderogas, hated the way they sharpen, but loved the grip. Gave those to K class too.

Then I switched to Staedtler's Norica's HB 2's with the Palomino Blackwing sharpener, and I must say, I AM IN LOVE WITH THESE PENCILS!!!
    - The lead writes perfectly no matter how sharp or dull, AND NEVER BREAKS no matter how hard I press;
    - the sharpener gives 1/3 more cut than the Staedtler's great sharpener, and
    - the eraser is not bad---though shouldn't be necessary (I admit, I still need it*).

I heard JY uses these pencils. Just sayin.

*A note about erasers:
    For bubbling back up, I have my Pentel hi-polymer eraser that I absolutely adore. Cleanest erase of a deep bubble dent I've ever seen. It even takes away the dent, which is weird.

1997 karma

@ScooterMinion said:
    HAHAHAHAHA We were due for another fab pencil thread.

You and I are on a streak with meeting in regards to unnecessary, tangential rants of mine lately.

Then I tried the Tri Ticonderogas, hated the way they sharpen, but loved the grip. Gave those to K class too.

Did you try a sharpener specifically for their wider frame? I've heard people say that a specific sharpener that has more accessibility to wider pencils manages to sharpen them? But I appreciate the advice on the "my first" pencils! That's the kind of feedback I've been looking for; I'll likely mark them off my list because that's a huge no-no for me and my newfound connoisseurship with pencils.

Then I switched to Staedtler's Norica's HB 2's with the Palomino Blackwing sharpener, and I must say, I AM IN LOVE WITH THESE PENCILS!!!
    - The lead writes perfectly no matter how sharp or dull, AND NEVER BREAKS no matter how hard I press;
    - the sharpener gives 1/3 more cut than the Staedtler's great sharpener, and
    - the eraser is not bad---though shouldn't be necessary (I admit, I still need it*).

I heard JY uses these pencils. Just sayin.

I sense a bias in here somewhere :wink: .. Or maybe you discovered a causation of succeeding on the LSAT! I've really wanted to try these out. I prefer using square erasers anyway so I don't think that aspect would bother me too much. Maybe I'll order a set and give em a trial run.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Noricas w/ the Palomino Blackwing 4 life!

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

@Mellow_Z I haven't used them on a PT yet so I can't say how they erase there. I really enjoy how they write though.

@ScooterMinion cool feedback. Maybe I'll check out those palominos.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Ticonderoga Black. Get's the job done, easy to find, and fits in an automatic pencil sharpener.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited April 2017 23929 karma

@JustDoIt said:
    Ticonderoga Black. Get's the job done, easy to find, and fits in an automatic pencil sharpener.

Ahhh, but the creamy lead of the Noricas writes so exquisitely. However, I do know some people prefer the more hard, scratchy feel of the Ticons. I'm stuck with the Noricas because Staples had a sale back in August and had 36 packs for 7 bucks. I swear I bought around 6 of 36 packs. Why? Because I need help. ;)

The Ticons do get the job done though!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    @Mellow_Z I haven't used them on a PT yet so I can't say how they erase there. I really enjoy how they write though.

One thing: The Noricas erase like shit. Even if you write lightly, you will NEVER erase it well enough to where you can't see a ghost of what you wrote/and or tear the paper. Also Staedtler makes amazing erasers I use too. I have to admit I cheat and use mechanical pencils sometimes... They erase well and I hate sharpener in the middle of drilling. When I PT I definitely use the Noricas though.

1997 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jkatz1488 said:

One thing: The Noricas erase like shit. Even if you write lightly, you will NEVER erase it well enough to where you can't see a ghost of what you wrote/and or tear the paper. Also Staedtler makes amazing erasers I use too. I have to admit I cheat and use mechanical pencils sometimes... They erase well and I hate sharpener in the middle of drilling. When I PT I definitely use the Noricas though.

ughhh I can't have something that erases like shit. Need eraser friendly pencil.

Is the ghosting bad enough to where it is distracting to write over top of it? Or will it make a scantron misread if you change your bubbled choice?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Mellow_Z said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@jkatz1488 said:

ughhh I can't have something that erases like shit. Need eraser friendly pencil.

Is the ghosting bad enough to where it is distracting to write over top of it? Or will it make a scantron misread if you change your bubbled choice?

Hmm. No you can erase it off a scantron without messing it up. But if you're underlining RC passages and doing games, diagramming MBT questions, etc .... Not erasing well. And the worst part is how badly they erase on that cheap-ass LSAT paper.

Eraser friendly pencils are definitely more so the Ticons.

• J. TharpJ. Tharp Alum Member
    575 karma

Someone from the notorious pencil thread suggested Ticonderoga "My First" pencil and I have to say it is now the only one I will use for the LG section. Between using a computer for work/school and using a pencil while studying for LSAT, I've developed carpal tunnel :( I wear a brace at night, but it still makes writing for long periods difficult. Using the "My First" pencil, because of it's size, has all but erased (pun intended) that difficulty. And they stay sharp for much longer than other pencils! I feel kind of silly using them, but I'm so glad I found them!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"J. Tharp" said:
    Someone from the notorious pencil thread suggested Ticonderoga "My First" pencil and I have to say it is now the only one I will use for the LG section. Between using a computer for work/school and using a pencil while studying for LSAT, I've developed carpal tunnel :( I wear a brace at night, but it still makes writing for long periods difficult. Using the "My First" pencil, because of it's size, has all but erased (pun intended) that difficulty. And they stay sharp for much longer than other pencils! I feel kind of silly using them, but I'm so glad I found them!

Awww that stinks! I felt like I was developing CP at my old job. If that's what works then that's the pencil for you. When I first started prepping back this summer, I tested out a good amount of pencils people had suggested. I saw JY recommend the Noricas. I also have seen him use a Wopex and have tried those too. I like them both a lot. But they do suck at erasing.

1018 karma

@Mellow_Z said:
    I sense a bias in here somewhere :wink: .. Or maybe you discovered a causation of succeeding on the LSAT! I've really wanted to try these out. I prefer using square erasers anyway so I don't think that aspect would bother me too much. Maybe I'll order a set and give em a trial run.

Your spidey senses are correct detecting my success causation! HAHAHAHAHAHA

At least that's what I tell myself, when I hold one of those beauties. :wink:

I'm tempted to cut ALL of the erasers off my Noricas to get into the habit of grabbing my superior block eraser for all necessary erasing during simulated conditions.
    Just because that's the eraser I can fully trust if I'm in a panicked state come real test time. :neutral:

1018 karma

@Mellow_Z said:
    You and I are on a streak with meeting in regards to unnecessary, tangential rants of mine lately.

Did you try a sharpener specifically for their wider frame? I've heard people say that a specific sharpener that has more accessibility to wider pencils manages to sharpen them? But I appreciate the advice on the "my first" pencils! That's the kind of feedback I've been looking for; I'll likely mark them off my list because that's a huge no-no for me and my newfound connoisseurship with pencils.

We sure are! Great minds think alike! :smile:

I did try the bigger sharpener but couldn't trust it--- + it aggravates my ADD-- and I didn't much care for the Ticon lead that seems to be manufactured as more "scratchy" lately, as Alex mentions.

The "my first" lead was too fat for RC when it becomes dull (which is too quickly), another reason I gave them up. But I sure did like the grip of them----much less stress on the hands overall.

I'm pretty much sold on the Noricas...for now. LOL

You're quite welcome! I'm confident you'll find the right pencils for you!

3112 karma

@"Alex Divine" 36 packs are the best. If you can find them cheap it's definitely the way to go (as you clearly did haha). But I guess for me I just really want a brand I can trust. I don't really research pencil so I just knew the name Ticonderoga and went for it.

Plus I also thought the blacks looked badass :blush:

• imharrisimharris Alum Member
    466 karma

i'm a sucker for aesthetics and brand continuity so it's a palomino blackwing sharpener with palomino golden bear blue #2 pencils... five sharpened and ready to go before every prep-test.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5144ee05e4b033f38037f73d/t/53460e42e4b0a8c99178cf64/1433777673257/

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@JustDoIt said:
    @"Alex Divine" 36 packs are the best. If you can find them cheap it's definitely the way to go (as you clearly did haha). But I guess for me I just really want a brand I can trust. I don't really research pencil so I just knew the name Ticonderoga and went for it.

Plus I also thought the blacks looked badass :blush:

Hell yeah, they do look bad-ass. The truth is pencils matters as much as the shirt you decide to wear to the LSAT. I'm just crazy and when I heard that was what JY used I had to get'em....

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@runningthroughthemountains said:
    i'm a sucker for aesthetics and brand continuity so it's a palomino blackwing sharpener with palomino golden bear blue #2 pencils... five sharpened and ready to go before every prep-test.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5144ee05e4b033f38037f73d/t/53460e42e4b0a8c99178cf64/1433777673257/

That sharpener though! Even with other pencils, the long-point advantage is so clutch. Especially for LG and just the LSAT in general.

When they finally computerize the LSAT in 2025 they'll look back at this thread and laugh at how we cared so much about pencils, haha.

466 karma

@"Alex Divine" we'll still need pencils to diagram games and arguments... at that point we'll be arguing about the best scratch paper to use!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@runningthroughthemountains said:
    @"Alex Divine" we'll still need pencils to diagram games and arguments... at that point we'll be arguing about the best scratch paper to use!

Hahaha! I

1997 karma

I had access to some traditional yellow Staedtlers at work, and they felt pretty nice. Bought a 36 pack of Staedtler Norica's off Amazon. Also threw in the Kum long point sharpener (it's the same exact thing as the palomino blackwing sharpener, just without Palomino's logo on the side - and it's half the price).

So far I'm pleased. They are smooth and soft to the tough and the lead doesn't break. They sharpen very easily with the aforementioned sharpener. They write dark enough but are still easily erasable with the attached erasers. The pencils might be a bit soft for my liking, only time will tell. They seem to dull quicker than other pencils I've used. For 5 bucks I am happy with my purchase. The 36 should last me awhile so maybe these will be my bread and butter.

1018 karma

So glad you were able to snag some Noricas, @Mellow_Z !

There's something so pleasing about a row of sharpened soldiers in my cup, ready for battle. :smiley:

I read the reviews on the Kum long point sharpener, but decided against that one and ate the few extra bucks for the Palomino. I'd be curious to know how your sharpener does in the long run though, as I might get another one for a spare, or travel bag, etc.

1997 karma

@"Bevs ScooterMinion" said:
    So glad you were able to snag some Noricas, @Mellow_Z !

There's something so pleasing about a row of sharpened soldiers in my cup, ready for battle. :smiley:

Yes yes.. I succumbed. I am waiting for the +5 LSAT score since I'm wielding such an epic weapon writing utensil.

I read the reviews on the Kum long point sharpener, but decided against that one and ate the few extra bucks for the Palomino. I'd be curious to know how your sharpener does in the long run though, as I might get another one for a spare, or travel bag, etc.

Whaaat?! They are literally the exact same thing lol. The Palomino even has "Kum" branded on the side of it :lol:

466 karma

@"Alex Divine"

i think you are studying full time now if i remember correctly from some other discussion threads. you may, now blessed with unlimited study time, be looking for a way to procrastinate while still feeling productive. if so, i'm going to highly recommend that you expend a little cash to test out a new pencil.

after this thread appeared i bought some of the staedtler norica hb2's (in black obviously) and tested them out. they are not for me! first of all, they are way too light. it's like eating a ny steak with a plastic fork. also, i've found the end of the lead to dull really quickly. i'm half way through a LG section with them and i either need to pick up another pre-sharpened one or pause to sharpen it because i can't write with small precision anymore. maybe i release my test stress by pressing too hard on the page, but still. also, the eraser isn't great. it takes a few passes and smudges the pencil.

so, having now tried your prefered pencil, i'm going to recommend that you give the palomino golden bear a try. amazon currently has them at $8.95 (plus shipping//not prime) for 36. you will not be disappointed. the point is perfect and sturdy. i've also discovered that when sharpened with the long point double sharpener you are able to keep a sharp tip even as it wears down during a section. this is such a small detail and might have more to do with how i hold a pencil, but it's nice for drawing small game boards quickly deep in a LG section. the eraser on the golden bear is so efficient. takes one, maybe two passes to work.

i'll put the difference in terms you might relate to: the staedtler norica is a very nice midsize sedan. the fuel economy is good. it's got anti-lock brakes and maybe even a satellite radio option. but take it over 75mph and you'll feel it start to shake. it's just not made for that type of performance. the palomino golden bear is a two seat roadster with all wheel drive. sleek and perfectly engineered it is designed for high performance. at high speeds (the end of an LG section in this elaborate and completely unnecessary metaphor) it hugs the road and makes you feel even more secure.

i promise you that i do not work for or have any affiliation to the palomino brand, any of its subsidiaries, or distributors. just my own excuses for procrastinating.

https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Bear-Orange-Pencils-Pack/dp/B00K0WPTOK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492553100&sr=8-1&keywords=palomino+golden+bear

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@runningthroughthemountains Maybe I'll check some of these out within the next couple of weeks. Aside from the Noricas, I also really like the Wopexs, too. But these look interesting! Thanks for sharing!!

1018 karma

@Mellow_Z said:
    Whaaat?! They are literally the exact same thing lol. The Palomino even has "Kum" branded on the side of it :lol:

LOL Maybe the difference is "Palomino" or "Blackwing." ...inclusive "or"... ?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

edited April 2017 1997 karma

@runningthroughthemountains I kind of had the same experience with the Norica's, although I still use them. I recently picked up a pack of the Wopex's (https://www.amazon.com/Staedtler-Pencil-182-41CB18-NA/dp/B00IUT6PES/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_201_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6YT9FW4BV4RTA1BASG1B) and they hold their tip for a significantly longer time. The pencil itself is super hefty (feels great in your hand.. especially if you like to twirl your pencils like I do). The downside is the lead writes in a much lighter color.. so depending on what you (anyone) is looking for, that might be a turn off.

I think it will be my go-to bubbling pencil since it keeps its tip so well/long. I still might prefer the Norica's for LG's though. I think the darker color is more important there.

@Mellow_Z said:

LOL Maybe the difference is "Palomino" or "Blackwing." ...inclusive "or"... ?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sounds like you have regret about spending 3 more dollars than I did.. sorry about your loss. :wink:

466 karma

alright @"Alex Divine" and @Mellow_Z i suppose if i am going to hang out here insulting the noricas i should try the wopex... though i am a bit put off by their neon color scheme. that has more to do with my own vanity, which certain doesn't matter on testing day. it's not like i already have my outfit picked out for june 12th or anything.

1997 karma

@imharris In the wopex's defense, they are way less neon in person than they look online. It's still a vibrant green color, but it pastel than neon. I'll upload a pic for comparison.

If you're happy with what you've got currently, I don't think you should feel obligated to buy more pencils lol. Even though it's not in the spirit of the pencil saga, it's going to work the exact same way haha.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@imharris said:
    alright @"Alex Divine" and @Mellow_Z i suppose if i am going to hang out here insulting the noricas i should try the wopex... though i am a bit put off by their neon color scheme. that has more to do with my own vanity, which certain doesn't matter on testing day. it's not like i already have my outfit picked out for june 12th or anything.

I was able to get some Wopexs in matte black on Amazon! They are a little bit more $$, but I was turned off by the neon colors as well, lol. For the record, I really like the Wopex model as well, but I am just a YUUUGE fan of the creamy lead the Noricas have, but Wopex has a nice weight and the lead doesn't dull as quickly, so check them out if you can find some.

1997 karma

Here's a comparison between the green and a standard yellow pencil on some white paper. I don't think it's too bad

http://i.imgur.com/u2W7iT4.jpg

• MapleSarahpMapleSarahp Member
    edited April 2017 125 karma

I was having issues with sharpeners but no more. Palomino Blackwing FTW :smiley:

• cvo1cvo1 Alum Member
    edited April 2017 112 karma

I tried the Noricas recently but they were so darn scratchy that I couldn't even get through a section because the noise just bothered me so much. I've heard that Staedtler changed the formula. It's either that or I just got a bad batch :(

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@cvo1 said:
    I tried the Noricas recently but they were so darn scratchy that I couldn't even get through a section because the noise just bothered me so much. I've heard that Staedtler changed the formula. It's either that or I just got a bad batch :(

Damn! I was reading some reviews on the Noricas a while back on Amazon and remember reading there are some differences between the ones made after 2014.
    Something must have changed because my Noricas are the opposite of scratchy... Smooth as butter, actually. Sorry to hear that :(

I've actually been using the Wopex for the last few weeks and really like those as well. They aren't as smooth as the Noricas, but the lead stays sharper a lot longer which helps me write smaller while doing logic games.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited April 2017 23929 karma

@MapleSarahp said:
    I was having issues with sharpeners but no more. Palomino Blackwing FTW :smiley:

Yeah, that long point sharpener is the best! My* point lasts like 30% longer when I use it!

1018 karma

@Mellow_Z said:
    Sounds like you have regret about spending 3 more dollars than I did.. sorry about your loss. :wink:

LOL, nope! Best $3 I ever spent! I was giggling at the lawgic pun. :wink:

1018 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@MapleSarahp said:

Yeah, that long point sharpener is the best! Mine point lasts like 30% longer when I use it!

Word.

edited April 2017 3112 karma

This is still going on?! Y'all are crazy...it's a pencil! But to each their own I guess...We all need a weapon that we feel will allow us to be triumphant in battle :)

• Kevin S.Kevin S. Alum Member
    12 karma

@imharris said:
    @"Alex Divine"

so, having now tried your prefered pencil, i'm going to recommend that you give the palomino golden bear a try. amazon currently has them at $8.95 (plus shipping//not prime) for 36. you will not be disappointed. the point is perfect and sturdy. i've also discovered that when sharpened with the long point double sharpener you are able to keep a sharp tip even as it wears down during a section.

https://www.amazon.com/Golden-Bear-Orange-Pencils-Pack/dp/B00K0WPTOK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492553100&sr=8-1&keywords=palomino+golden+bear

I have to second @imharris' recommendation. I've tried several of the Ticonderogas and the blue Noricas, but the Golden Bear has the most balance. It is darkish (certainly not light), sturdy, and well-paired with the Palomino Blackwing sharpener. I'm not crazy about orange, but this is a tool that works!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Kevin S." said:

@imharris said:
    @"Alex Divine"

so, having now tried your prefered pencil, i'm going to recommend that you give the palomino golden bear a try. amazon currently has them at $8.95 (plus shipping//not prime) for 36. you will not be disappointed. the point is perfect and sturdy. i've also discovered that when sharpened with the long point double sharpener you are able to keep a sharp tip even as it wears down during a section.

I have to second @imharris' recommendation. I've tried several of the Ticonderogas and the blue Noricas, but the Golden Bear has the most balance. It is darkish (certainly not light), sturdy, and well-paired with the Palomino Blackwing sharpener. I'm not crazy about orange, but this is a tool that works!

I must have close to 200+ pencils at this point, lol. But If I come across one, I'll definitely give it a try.

I miss the simpler days when I only have to worry about what pens to use.

1997 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    I miss the simpler days when I only have to worry about what pens to use.

I think you meant to say, the simpler days [when you just used your Pilot G-2 05 and didn't have to think about which writing utensil to use because this is the god tier choice]

466 karma

@Mellow_Z you're way wrong. the pilot g-2 07 in navy blue is the god tier choice.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Have you guys ever written with a nice monte blanc or cross pen? :)

Pilots G-2s are nice, but I tend to stay away from gel pens due to being a lefty and smudging.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

I just need to vent my sadness at the unavailability of mechanical pencils on the LSAT. Maybe it's my engineering background, but I love the ever-sharpness and convenience of mechs. Even the best of the wooden cousin feels to me like using a slingshot when I'm trained for a crossbow.
    Anybody know of a brand/model that feels or writes even remotely like a mechanical pencil?

PS. This thread proves that procrastination is a fickle bitch who comes for us all when LSAT day looms!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@procrastination said:
    I just need to vent my sadness at the unavailability of mechanical pencils on the LSAT. Maybe it's my engineering background, but I love the ever-sharpness and convenience of mechs. Even the best of the wooden cousin feels to me like using a slingshot when I'm trained for a crossbow.
    Anybody know of a brand/model that feels or writes even remotely like a mechanical pencil?

PS. This thread proves that procrastination is a fickle bitch who comes for us all when LSAT day looms!

No procrastination here. I just love writing supplies :)

1997 karma

@imharris said:
    @Mellow_Z you're way wrong. the pilot g-2 07 in navy blue is the god tier choice.

At least we can agree on the outer casing :wink: I prefer the 05 solely because it smears less than the 07. 07 is still a fantastic writing experience.. and I have no beef with blue! I prefer those, just harder to find on sale haha.

@"Alex Divine" said:

@procrastination said:

No procrastination here. I just love writing supplies :)

Definitely use this thread as a procrastination tool hahaha.. it helps convince myself that I'm doing lsat related stuff when I could likely be studying

1018 karma

There's a new kid in town...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TUGZQK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I ordered them on Wednesday and received them yesterday as an add-on for a Prime member.
    The eraser works well with one swipe (without mashing it, and I press down medium hard), it is darkness is good even in low light, the point lasts longer than my Noricas and shaprens better in my Palomino Blackwing, and the price is individually the same as the Noricas.

As for pens, I've written with almost all of them. Mont Blanc's are OK, but overpriced and chunky; Cross is scratchy, overpriced, and too skinny; and the rest are too numerous to list. I've finally found a pen perfect for lefties that doesn't smear, leak, or bleed (even in crappy papered checkbook registers): the PaperMate InkJoy gel 0.7. For ballpoints, I like the PM InkJoy 550 RT 1.0. The barrel is really comfortable on both too.

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    edited May 2017 1063 karma

There's a new kid in town...
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TUGZQK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I ordered them on Wednesday and received them yesterday as an add-on for a Prime member.
    The eraser works well with one swipe (without mashing it, and I press down medium hard), it is darkness is good even in low light, the point lasts longer than my Noricas and shaprens better in my Palomino Blackwing, and the price is individually the same as the Noricas.

Interesting! So you're saying they're better than the Norica's? I had crappy wal-mart pencils for literally months. Only recently did I upgrade to Norcias. I love having a pencil that writes dark and sharp but it does loose its point rather quickly.