Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pushing back PTs

nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
in General 458 karma

Hi all! Thought I’d share something I found helpful/necessary during my studying. I started the core curriculum during the last week of January as I planned to take the September test. According to my original study schedule, I was supposed to start PTing around April 1st. From the end of January to April 1st, I had not completed the foolproof method for Logic Games and I felt that I should not (with some advice from @"Alex Divine" on another post) start PTing until I had done so. Naturally, I was apprehensive to push back the PTs because I wanted to finish all of them before the September test, however, by doing all the Logic Games, I feel like I am infinitely more prepared to start PTing than I was before. The fool proof method works wonders and I highly recommend doing all Logic Games before PTing. Also, rushing through to get every PT done instead of doing comprehensive BR and really learning from the mistakes is just a waste of time. I originally tried a different study schedule from another prep company that had you doing four PTs a week which is ridiculous! If you don’t learn anything from a PT and apply it to the next, then why do it at all. Hope this helps anyone who was or will be in the same situation I was in!

Comments

• xtrfalconxtrfalcon Alum Member
    148 karma

Thanks for sharing your experience Nicholas!

Questions: 1) did you have prior exposure to LG before 7sage? 2) At what point did you start the fool proofing?/Did you start fool proofing immediately after your first lesson in LG (sequencing)?

• nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
    edited May 2017 458 karma

1: Yes I did have prior exposure to Logic Games before 7sage. When I first stared studying I bought the Powerscore Logic Games Bible along with the "Powerscore Logic Games: Game Type Training (Volume 1)". I don't recommend getting the Game Type Training because it teaches you to train games by specific type instead of getting a mix like you would do during Fool Proofing. I also used a different prep company during my first time studying which also game me a list of games to do that also separated by type. Not a good experience my first time around.

2: During my original studies before officially joining 7sage, I discovered the Fool Proofing method about 2/3 of the way into my studies. When I did discover it, I basically gave half the effort I should have since I was already deep into my study. When I signed up for 7sage, I went through the Core Curriculum like normal until I got to the first games lesson which is where I started to Fool Proof every game. Since I already knew how to do sequencing, grouping, and hybrid games, I didn't need to wait to start Fool Proofing before I got to those sections in the Core Curriculum.

@xtrfalcon Thanks for the questions! Hope this helps!

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Thanks for sharing!

I did something similar too and found that by working on my weaknesses, I will improve and be able to put what I learned into practice.

It also helped take the pressure of my studies. Sometimes we set unrealistic or difficult to achieve goals, and get stressed out when we don't achieve them. Believing that you are doing everything you can and being adaptable is what helped me. And by pushing back PTs, I'd say you're well on your way :)

• xtrfalconxtrfalcon Alum Member
    148 karma

@nicholasthomas127 said:
    1: Yes I did have prior exposure to Logic Games before 7sage. When I first stared studying I bought the Powerscore Logic Games Bible along with the "Powerscore Logic Games: Game Type Training (Volume 1)". I don't recommend getting the Game Type Training because it teaches you to train games by specific type instead of getting a mix like you would do during Fool Proofing. I also used a different prep company during my first time studying which also game me a list of games to do that also separated by type. Not a good experience my first time around.

2: During my original studies before officially joining 7sage, I discovered the Fool Proofing method about 2/3 of the way into my studies. When I did discover it, I basically gave half the effort I should have since I was already deep into my study. When I signed up for 7sage, I went through the Core Curriculum like normal until I got to the frime games lesson which is where I started to Fool Proof every game. Since I already knew how to do sequencing, grouping, and hybrid games, I didn't need to wait to start Fool Proofing before I got to those sections in the Core Curriculum.

@xtrfalcon Thanks for the questions! Hope this helps!

This is absolutely what I was looking for. It looks like our LSAT prep has been somewhat similar. With games I felt like I had a great notation strategy and I don't recall if it's from powerscore or my course whose notations are actually similar to what 7sage teaches. I'm inclined, at this point, to start aggressively fool proofing as I've at least been exposed to every game type out there several times as well, versus waiting until I finish the CC. Thanks!!

• nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
    458 karma

This is absolutely what I was looking for. It looks like our LSAT prep has been somewhat similar. With games I felt like I had a great notation strategy and I don't recall if it's from powerscore or my course whose notations are actually similar to what 7sage teaches. I'm inclined, at this point, to start aggressively fool proofing as I've at least been exposed to every game type out there several times as well, versus waiting until I finish the CC. Thanks!!

I wouldn't wait to the end of the CC to fool proof. I did not find it difficult to do the CC along with fool proofing, but everyone studies in a different way. You've been exposed to every game type so you wouldn't need to wait to get to specific lessons in the CC to start fool proofing.