Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not sure what's wrong.. but scores have been dropping

szetojodieszetojodie Free Trial Member
in General 10 karma

Hi everyone,

I've taken the LSAT once (last September) and decided to retake the test in June (two weeks from now).

I have been studying rigorously since April and have initially been hitting around the high 150's and low 160's range. Maybe it's because I have been burning myself out. I try to study around 3-4 hours everyday and light studying on weekends. I've been attempting to finish a PT once every other day and then writing down how/what I did wrong on the BR questions I have circled and the questions I actually got wrong.

Recently, I've been dipping.. I was able to get about 5 wrong on a LR section but now I get only about 13 correct.. I'm not sure what's wrong.. I feel like I am understanding the stimulus/questions correctly but I am getting so many questions wrong so I'm obviously not. I have also tried to take at least one entire day off, re-looked at the basics of the LR questions, but none seem to have helped.

Please let me know what you think is wrong/give me some advice!

Comments

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

Do you have good sleep night before PTs? If you feel tired or unprepared for PT, just delay it to weekend. You physical condition can influence your mental condition when do PT. I would say LR score is stable if you have solid sills on each question type. If you get 13 wrong in one section, probably you need slow down on first 12 questions and increase accuracy. Don't rush when you do PTs.

Take a break for 3-4 days without looking or thinking about LSAT.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@dennisgerrard said:

Do you have good sleep night before PTs? If you feel tired or unprepared for PT, just delay it to weekend. You physical condition can influence your mental condition when do PT. I would say LR score is stable if you have solid sills on each question type. If you get 13 wrong in one section, probably you need slow down on first 12 questions and increase accuracy. Don't rush when you do PTs.

Take a break for 3-4 days without looking or thinking about LSAT.

On the money.... I . just prepped for almost 25 days straight and the burn out is a' coming.....

Take a ew days off. You won't forget a thing. Stress eat some ice cream and relax! :)

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

Yes. I just bought ice cream last night. Little sweetness after BR definitely helps. Considering to do a ICE CREAM ranking post haha:)

• szetojodieszetojodie Free Trial Member
    10 karma

Thank you to you both for answering! Do you think that it's worth it/i'd be able to afford taking time off the last minute especially when I haven't been doing well?? The test is in two weeks..

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

At this point, I'd say it's definitely worth it to take the time off. It sounds like you need it. You aren't magically going to perform better by burning yourself out even more, right? Take 2-3 days and don't think about the LSAT. Then hit the ground running. Even by taking that time off, you can get in 4-6 more PTs