Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stagnant on logic games before June LSAT

najahsyed4395najahsyed4395 Free Trial Member
edited June 2017 in June 2017 LSAT 4 karma

So I am having two issues. A brief background: I was briefly in medical school but decided to switch to law. I have been prepping for the June LSAT for a few months, starting from a 148 baseline score and up to a 155 currently. I KNOW I could get it to a 160+ if I could figure out these LOGIC GAMES!!! No problems on any other section, but I can't for the life of me figure these out. I've gone through the powerscore books, but my mind just can't seem to think that way. Anyone have any ideas?!

Second thing, I get migraines with auras; these lead to visual disturbances that actually physically prevent me from seeing clearly. They last about 30 minutes. A couple of times this has happened during practice tests where I end up not being able to clearly see the questions I'm doing. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Comments

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

@najahsyed4395 said:
    So I am having two issues. A brief background: I was briefly in medical school but decided to switch to law. I have been prepping for the June LSAT for a few months, starting from a 148 baseline score and up to a 155 currently. I KNOW I could get it to a 160+ if I could figure out these LOGIC GAMES!!! No problems on any other section, but I can't for the life of me figure these out. I've gone through the powerscore books, but my mind just can't seem to think that way. Anyone have any ideas?!

Hi! I would consider putting off the test to give yourself more time to learn how to do logic games. If PS didn't work for you, it is cutting it too close to try to learn a new method to do different kinds of logic games successfully. I say that because if you did PS and then try to learn a new way to do LG it's likely that you're going to have to teach yourself new habits. We don't have much time till the June test and it would be really hard to create the habits you'll need to perform well under timed conditions. Check out this post on how to attack logic games successfully https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1
    LG is very learnable, and so you should give yourself the chance to master them and do well on the test.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

Mastery of logic games requires many of the same things that mastery of logical reasoning requires. Logic games may seem easier to master because it is typically more digestible than the other sections, but you still need to completely grasp the fundamentals of the section to be able to truly excel on logic games on test day.

If you need a 160+ and you need to master at least logic games in order to achieve that score, and you're not there for certain yet, then postpone until September. LG mastery will not come in 9 days from where you seem to be.