Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Older Lsat??

shane.mcglashenshane.mcglashen Alum Member
edited November 2014 in General 194 karma
Hey guys, I have a question if anyone is willing/able to shed some light on the matter
I have just finished the power score bibles, and purchased every LSAT (actual officials ect) administered test. I have three months count down until my test date.
I may be wrong but it seems that the advice to redo the games over and over again until those exact inferences become second nature parallels that of every section on the LSAT no? It seems the lsat creators are testing for a very particular thing, and doubt that the tests deviate in the idea its testing too much (in recent years anyway)
So my question is, do you think it would be beneficial to select only say 25/30 recent tests and do them over and over again until Feb? Or should I do as many random tests as possible, while scrutinizing my wrong answers afterward to debunk areas of failure?
Also do you think the older logic games and tests are worthless? It seems they have changed so much that they might be relevant? or is the wisdom still inherent

Comments

• danballinger5danballinger5 Alum Member
    198 karma
    Personally, I find the older tests to much different than the newer ones in subtle ways - if that makes sense. The older logic games seem to be more diverse to me - their are some weird ones that you just don't see anymore. The RC sections in the newer PT's seem to have gotten much more difficult. I trade off from each time from a newer (60' - 70's) to an older (40's - 50's) test.

But, I don't think that redoing entire LR sections is wise. Logic games usually have several inferences you need to pull out in order to be successful, especially the harder ones. I fine that LR questions usually have one assumption or flaw that needs to be identified. I tried retaking 2 PT's a month or so after I originally took them and I tended to remember the error and correct answer. It just threw me off while reading the stimulus and only reinforced rote memorization.

There are no worthless tests. Take as many as you can. I would make sure that I took all the tests in the 60's and 70's before test day, though.
  • shane.mcglashenshane.mcglashen Alum Member
    194 karma
    Thanks so much, good to know