Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT 1-35 gone?

apawalterapawalter Member
in General 357 karma

PT 1-35 for drilling material is no longer on my course/syllabus and I can't find them anywhere on 7Sage anymore...Is this gone for other people too?

Thanks all!!

Comments

• batniki1batniki1 Alum Member
    226 karma

It's gone fore me as well!

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Sorry, PTs 1-35 were accidentally showing for other packages when they should only be available with Ultimate+ :(

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

it's gone for me, too, and I have Ultimate+

12637 karma

PTs 1-35 have been temporarily deactivated while we check into some things, sorry. Will update once they're back for Ultimate+ users.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    PTs 1-35 have been temporarily deactivated while we check into some things, sorry. Will update once they're back for Ultimate+ users.

Get the torches! ;)

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

Question - with the PTs gone, how are we supposed to drill the RC passages in the CC? I like to work through everything on my own, so it kind of defeats the purpose if I can't time myself while doing the practice RC. Watching JY work through it is great once or twice, but by the fifth time I'd like to test myself haha

• mppppoo5mppppoo5 Member
    4 karma

I understand taking down PTs 1-35 and restricting them to Ultimate+ but like Kimmy was saying, how are we supposed to move along with the material if we don't have access to complete the question on our own before the video/lesson? Especially curious with LG.

Will the specific questions used with each lesson be made available somehow?

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    edited June 2017 1063 karma

Nooooooo @"Dillon A. Wright" is this a permanent thing? This was seriously one of the greatest benefits (in addition to the video explanations of course). Is it restricted to just Ultimate+ and not Ultimate? Could it be an extension that you buy??

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited June 2017 2301 karma

While this is very unfortunate for everyone involved, it is important to remember that 7Sage has to pay the LSAC each time a question, logic game, passage, or prep test is shown. Thus, this is not a case of 7Sage hording an unlimited free resource in order to pressure people to get Ultimate+. Because 7Sage needs to pay for this resource, they need to charge for it, at the very least in order to break even.

For almost all material in the CC, it looks like you can view the questions before watching the video (or you can at least pause the video before J.Y. explains it). The only exception I could find was on the RC lesson videos, where the whole passage is not shown until after J.Y. explains it. Maybe those few RC passages could be added for everyone? Now, I might be wrong about the accessibility of these questions because I have Ultimate+. However, if all these questions are available, than the lack of PT 1-35 should not affect the CC directly.

I wish the LSAC made PT 1-35 free for everyone. I believe that the whole thing should be subsidized by law schools and the government to eliminate any barriers that low-income students might experience. Unfortunately, money provides an large advantage on the LSAT in the form of a much greater access to study materials. This makes it so that lawyers, politicians, and other leaders disproportionately come from wealthy families. Thus, we lose the viewpoints and valuable input from less affluent individuals. One day, I would like to work on fixing this problem.

• apawalterapawalter Member
    357 karma

Thanks for the responses and info everyone! But yes I completely agree with you @Daniel.Sieradzki

• meganr23meganr23 Alum Member
    edited June 2017 42 karma

Anyone know how much longer we have to wait on this? I need those tests, and will go ahead and purchase Ultimate + (begrudgingly), but don't want to until we know we have access.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@meganr23 said:
    Anyone know how much longer we have to wait on this? I need those tests, and will go ahead and purchase Ultimate + (begrudgingly), but don't want to until we know we have access.

I think they're now available again for Ultimate+ users. They are available on my CC.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

They are back for me as well

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Back!!! <3

• jerrytreejerrytree Alum Member
    17 karma

This stinks! I was really looking forward to drilling. Can I be grandfathered in?

12637 karma

Sorry, these are not available for anyone except Ultimate+ users.

This discussion has been closed.