Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

more optimistic the further you get away from test date?

andrewpete93andrewpete93 Free Trial Member
in General 62 karma

Does anyone else have more optimism about their test score the further they get from the June LSAT? I was pretty defeated after taking the test, but the more I think about it the better I think I did. Am I delusional? haha is anyone else having this experience?

Comments

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    659 karma

@andrewpete93 I am experiencing the exact same thing right now! I stumbled upon this article a month before the test, and I thought "Now how true could any of that be?" Turns out it's spot on...

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/print/WSJ_-A013-20170523.pdf

So it looks like the scientists say we should be more pessimistic! I think I'm fine with living in the delusion of a high score for another two weeks or so though. Not a day goes by that I don't think about it!

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

Expect the worst, hope for the best.

• andrewpete93andrewpete93 Free Trial Member
    62 karma

@Zachary_P interesting article - honestly I think that's how I've approached it (to a degree). PT average was about 164, came out of the test thinking 160-162. I think there is something to be said about "feeling worse" about it on test day (frieaking inferential thoughts...) and then thinking it wasn't as bad later on - I guess we'll find out in about a week!

• dan_reynoldsdan_reynolds Free Trial Member
    127 karma

I thought that I was going to get 3 LR because the first LR section I did was so easy... I thought for sure it was experimental. IT had a shitload of must be true, necessary questions. It ends up that I had two logical game sections... my test was RC LG RL RL LG. I never thought I bombed. but I worried about my bubbles being off. I actually caught myself off one question during the test and had to go back and find where I missed the question. I panicked for a second.... but that is my main fear. I am sure, that as long as I didn't make that error, I am in the same range as my practice tests.