Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The worst dreams of them all

LSAT Is ComingLSAT Is Coming Alum Member
in June 2017 LSAT 530 karma

The first few nights after sitting for the LSAT, I dreamed of having absolutely bombed the exam. But my dreams more recently have been even worse. These days I dream that I got a super high score (last night a 179) and then as I start telling my family, I say to myself..."or did I dream that score last night?" Then I realize I didn't actually get my score back yet and I wake up in a panic. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• imharrisimharris Alum Member
    466 karma

@LSATiscoming i'm having all sorts of dreams and trying to keep my expectations in check... i've titled this chapter of my novel: learning to live with crippling anxiety.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

I have an LSAT playlist on Spotify that kinda tracks each stage of LSAT with specific songs. Waiting for scores is "Waiting Around to Die" by Townes Van Zandt, lol. It's a long month.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

I one time dreamed that I forgot it was LSAT day and I woke up panicking and checking my calendar frantically to make sure that LSAT wasn't that day! lol

• Laabradir33Laabradir33 Alum Member
    161 karma

all these lsat nightmares tho... this is like a mental therapy session forum haha

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited June 2017 13286 karma

I'm still have to take the exam but my dreams keep getting more and more strange. I think my last one was thanks to @CinnamonTea haha. I had a dream that my pencil couldn't fill the bubbles in. I got really worked up and kept saying "13 A, 13 A, 13 A" as I tried to fill it in.

10774 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    I'm still have to take the exam but my dreams keep getting more and more strange. I think my last one was thanks to @CinnamonTea haha. I had a dream that my pencil couldn't fill the bubbles in. I got really worked up and kept saying "13 A, 13 A, 13 A" as I tried to fill it in.

lol! That's definitely a nightmare!

• dan_reynoldsdan_reynolds Free Trial Member
    127 karma

I had a dream that I scored a 158, then later in my dream, I scored a 116, which of course is impossible. I can't wait until I know for sure.

• fmihalic2fmihalic2 Free Trial Member
    266 karma

Hahahahha! This is hilarious. I think we've all been there. Of course, yours are after having taken the test but it's all relative.

While I was starting to do new game types i.e. double layer sequencing or more often those crazy, most difficult of all time games, I used to dream about them. I still dream of aggressively tracking the conclusions and the premises in the argument for LR. So, it seems I don't really dream about scores just yet (I'm sitting in September) but I'm sure that's coming.

RC is currently haunting me. It's bad. I just keep thinking that the only thing that stands between me and the option of a 200k a year job in three years is RC....it's not literally like that...but kind of. You probably experienced the same during your prep.

127 karma

@fmihalic2 said:
    Hahahahha! This is hilarious. I think we've all been there. Of course, yours are after having taken the test but it's all relative.

While I was starting to do new game types i.e. double layer sequencing or more often those crazy, most difficult of all time games, I used to dream about them. I still dream of aggressively tracking the conclusions and the premises in the argument for LR. So, it seems I don't really dream about scores just yet (I'm sitting in September) but I'm sure that's coming.

RC is currently haunting me. It's bad. I just keep thinking that the only thing that stands between me and the option of a 200k a year job in three years is RC....it's not literally like that...but kind of. You probably experienced the same during your prep.

I felt really good about the RC. I averaged -6 to -8 in practice, but I actually found the reading interesting this time... during practice I would do very well on a section I liked, and suck ass on the ones that were dry and I just got lost... another lucky point, my RC was my first section.

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    659 karma

Woke up in the middle of the night last night. I dreamed that I got a 148 (oddly specific) and that my girlfriend, a medical/health student with no particular interest in the law and who definitely didn't take the LSAT, somehow managed to score much much higher than I did. I know it doesn't make any sense, but still... July 6th can't come fast enough.

• theLSATgrind2017theLSATgrind2017 Alum Member
    440 karma

A couple of nights ago, I had an incredibly bizarre dream. I opened the test booklet to section 1 LR and I couldn't read it. It was simple English but I couldn't comprehend it. I have had a couple of other dreams about the LSAT like waking up and thinking it was test day. I haven't even taken the actual test yet.

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

haha I had a dream i scores a 124 haha and they wrote a letter saying " you failed so miserably that we changed the scoring system.

• imharrisimharris Alum Member
    466 karma

most recent dream:
    the proctor didn't call time at the end of a section. i kept working, but then the proctor started going over the questions and answers with everyone in the room.
    me: "what are you doing? are you giving out the answers?!"
    proctor: "are you still taking the test?"
    me: "of course! you didn't call time yet! but also why are you giving away the answers?!"
    proctor: "you are in big trouble. i'm going to cancel your score and you can never take the lsat again!"
    me: "this is insane! what if i pick up all the trash in the room for you?"

then i just started picking up trash in the test room while the proctor continued to give out answers.

• gbanipalgbanipal Alum Member
    24 karma

I have dreams were I scored a 171 and wake up to reality then other times where I scored a 148 or something. The test now feels like the easy part, I just want these results back so I can know what i'm doing moving forward

• Hannah56Hannah56 Alum Member
    224 karma

Almost every night I dream that the scores are out and then I actually wake up check my email and while it's updating I fall back to sleep and dream that the scores are out.. check phone>go back to sleep>dream scores out>..etc

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

I'm currently doing a SA intensive for a few weeks. The other night I woke up around 3 am, I was sleep walking and looking through my desk for the sufficient assumption. In my dream I was panicking because I couldn't find it. I remember thinking to myself that I knew it was in the middle drawer of my desk. It took me a good 30 seconds upon waking to realize that the SA is not a tangible item and that I needed to go back to bed. heh.

10774 karma

@"Paul Pederson" said:
    I'm currently doing a SA intensive for a few weeks. The other night I woke up around 3 am, I was sleep walking and looking through my desk for the sufficient assumption. In my dream I was panicking because I couldn't find it. I remember thinking to myself that I knew it was in the middle drawer of my desk. It took me a good 30 seconds upon waking to realize that the SA is not a tangible item and that I needed to go back to bed. heh.

This made me laugh! :joy:

127 karma

SAs aren't tangible??? I need to wake up