Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extra-Time on LSAT

lavender robbinslavender robbins Alum Member
in General 65 karma

I have a question about the requirements of extra time. I have bad ADD and in high school, I took each section of the ACT on separate days. If I have documentation that I received this accommodation on the ACT, will the LSAT definitely grant me time and a half or double time or is it still in question? Thanks

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@"lavender robbins" said:
    I have a question about the requirements of extra time. I have bad ADD and in high school, I took each section of the ACT on separate days. If I have documentation that I received this accommodation on the ACT, will the LSAT definitely grant me time and a half or double time or is it still in question? Thanks

Hey! We aren't qualified to tell you if you'll definitely be granted extra time but your case sounds really good. The only way you'll know is to provide the necessary docs to LSAC and go from there. Make sure you allow enough time to get the docs signed and completed by your doc before the registration deadline.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited June 2017 23929 karma

@"lavender robbins" said:

No way to know definitely because ultimately the LSAC decides on a case by case basis. It certainly isn't unheard of for someone who received receive in the past to accommodations them on the LSAT. Like @tanes256 said, make sure you submit the application for accommodations sooner rather than later. It is very common for people to not hear back from the LSAC only days before their administration to find out whether or not they have been granted the extra time.

• hon132hon132 Free Trial Member
    122 karma

http://www.getprepped.com/lsat-accommodations-add-adhd-other-accommodations/

Might help, LSAT grants up to double time when necessary, also check the requirements at LSAC. if you're testing in September, you might want to start applying for the exception early to see if you have to change your study plan or possibly postpone.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    edited June 2017 3279 karma

I don't think you'll know until you apply. I recall reading somewhere that 2x was uncommon. I think if you were granted extra time you'd be more likely to receive 1.5x.

• dan_reynoldsdan_reynolds Free Trial Member
    127 karma

They won't let you take them on separate days, but you can have longer amounts of time and more breaks.

• dan_reynoldsdan_reynolds Free Trial Member
    127 karma

I am disabled, I took the test under regular conditions this time. In September I am taking it with accommodations, I get 53 minutes a sectionan 3 30 minute breaks