Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR.. Agony

nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
in General 1723 karma

Does anyone else find BR tortuous??

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited July 2017 10789 karma

They definitely are. See if you can find a buddy to do this with. It becomes more fun.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    Does anyone else find BR tortuous??

Sometimes, but try taking a break after your test. I like to take a half hour and just relax. Then hit the BR. I actually have learned to enjoy it because it is where I get to realize my mistakes and examine my mindset and it feels good to understand why I am missing questions or hesitating.

Also, as Sami says, BR'ing with a buddy might be something to help break the monotony.

It's a central part of the test, so find a way to learn to enjoy it. After all, that's where a bulk on your learning is going to take place. And if you want to be a lawyer, get used to re-reading the same boring documents until your eyes bleed ..... Think of it as good practice :)

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

So i just finished BRing and grading my firwt PT. I got 11 wrong after the BR. 7 of them were ones that i didnt BR. I was overconfident and got them wrong. The other 4 were ones that i did BR and still got wrong. How do u guys go about studying after this? I was thinking of making a lost of all the ones i got wrong on the actual timed tests and studying why i got them wrong amd then drilling the question types i c that there is a trend of getting wrong. What do u think? How do u Learn from ur mistakes?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    So i just finished BRing and grading my firwt PT. I got 11 wrong after the BR. 7 of them were ones that i didnt BR. I was overconfident and got them wrong. The other 4 were ones that i did BR and still got wrong. How do u guys go about studying after this? I was thinking of making a lost of all the ones i got wrong on the actual timed tests and studying why i got them wrong amd then drilling the question types i c that there is a trend of getting wrong. What do u think? How do u Learn from ur mistakes?

I write out explanations and jot down little notes to summarizing what I did wrong and how to avoid making the same mistake again. Then I return to the CC if need be to refresh myself on the question types I missed. Then I watch JY's explanations and drill question types that I feel I need to work on.