Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Additional Materials

DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member

As a departing veteran - my captain or senior in rank wrote work evals on myself that distinguished my performance against peers on a ship / unit and against the Navy as a whole - shall I include those write-ups somehow in my admissions package? Additional materials mailed to the law school?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited July 2017 13286 karma

As another Vet looking to go to law school, Pro/Con marks mean nothing to people out side the military. What would benefit you is if you can get your Captain to write you a letter of recommendation that addressed in less technical terms exactly how he evaluated you. You can include them but if he talks about MOS proficiency, PFT socres or any other kind of military jargon it will end up doing little good.

• Good luck squid.

a fellow vet and Jarhead.

• DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
    279 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    As another Vet looking to go to law school, Pro/Con marks mean nothing to people out side the military. What would benefit you is if you can get your Captain to write you a letter of recommendation that addressed in less technical terms exactly how he evaluated you. You can include them but if he talks about MOS proficiency, PFT socres or any other kind of military jargon it will end up doing little good.

• Good luck squid.

a fellow vet and Jarhead.

Thank you! He will be writing one - I think the should suffice!