Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Course?

nate90211nate90211 Free Trial Member
in General 10 karma

Hello, all.

I have recently started my LSAT endeavor. I scored a 145 on my diagnostic back in mid-June and am decided on hitting the high 160's or 170's for the upcoming September exam. Until discovering 7Sage, I have been studying the Powerscore LG bible (just about finished with it) and while I have grasped a better understanding of some types of games, I find it a bit lacking and want to implement 7Sage.

This said, my questions are as follows:

Which 7Sage course would be the best? I am torn between the Starter and the Ult.+. The Starter is less expensive and only about 3 months (which is just about when the test is), yet, the Ult.+ provides a wider breadth of question types and difficulties from which to choose from -- needless to mention the complete set of LSAT exams. Essentially, is the Ult.+ worth the extra cost considering the limited amount of time I will have to go through it all?

Should I finish the Powerscore bibles (or at the very least, the LG bible which I'm just about finished with?) before moving onto 7Sage? Or, should I just dive right into 7Sage and put the bibles to the side?

Thank you all in advance!

Comments

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    edited July 2017 609 karma

i did half the LG bible and am going through the Course Curriculum at 7sage for LR, and RC. If i were you since you did finish the LG Bible I would watch the 7sage LG sections first to gain their insights, then jump into their foolproofing methods for LG using PT 1-35.

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

You need the Ult+ pack to do this. Another benefit is that the old tests are formatted to match how they are setup over two pages. Also, from what i have read it takes weeks to cultivate those habits and skills. Additionally, those aspiring to master LG foolproof all games in existence. It's just after 1-35 you do PT then foolproof i guess.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@nate90211 if money is no issue go for the largest pkg. If you have access to all PT then that gives you something to think about. IMHO I think access to all PT is the greatest benefit for the + pkg. The curriculum is the same for all pkgs but you will have access to more difficult questions for each question type and LG and I believe LR bundles similar to the Cambridge pkgs are available with the highest pkg. You can always start out with the Starter pkg and upgrade if you feel you need more. As far as having time to complete the + course, the curriculum is the same. You'll have more problem sets to drill with, if you want, but the time it takes to finish the course should be the same. Also, you're not offered more question types with +. All pkgs offer all question types. You're offered a higher level of difficulty for each question type and more problem sets to drill with +.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Ultimate + is the best bargain on the market. You get literally everything you need to succeed. Every test, printable version, question, LG and Lr bundles, drill problem sets, etc. You can also begin at the starter or premium package and upgrade at anytime :) @"Dillon A. Wright" will hook you up!

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Can I jump in here - I have the same question except that I want to take the December exam and if I buy the + package then I will have to study 70+ hours a week! That is not happening. So the Starter package seems like a more reasonable option for me at 20 hours a week until December. Now, the question is - will the Starter package make me ready for December? If I'm not ready then I will take the Feb test but then I will need to upgrade but if I upgrade won't that screw up the study schedule?

So I guess my options are:
    Buy the + version for the Feb test (which is still a ridic 35+ hours a week)
    Buy the Starter for the Dec test and potentially upgrade if needed

Background - I took Kaplan for the Sept test so I'm not a first timer.

If anyone can please jump in with your experience on the courses and when to take the exam that will be so helpful.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited September 2017 12637 karma

@LCMama2017 Yes, please get the Starter course. Any course higher and you'll have too much on your plate, it's not worth it. The Starter will be more than enough to get you through to December, the main differences between the courses are access time, amount of PTs, problem sets, and drills (U+ only). The Core Curriculum is the same, so you're not missing out.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    edited November 2019 8392 karma

FWIW, I was debating similarly and did Starter and regret it, mostly because of the upgrade options. I was originally planning on taking in June and have pushed back twice now to taking in December. With Starter, you can upgrade to Ultimate+ but they only extend your access for 1 month, which is super frustrating. So If you buy Ultimate+ up front, you have 18 months. But if you buy Starter and upgrade to Ultimate+, you get it for only 4 months paying the exact same price. Argh. I have cursed myself for not buying a better package up front. I've paid twice now to extend Starter, but if I end up delaying until next cycle, which is possible, I'll probably just let Starter expire and re-purchase Ultimate+ so I have it for the full time.

TLDR: if there's any chance you will end up applying next cycle instead of this one, do Ultimate+ so you don't have to renew!

EDIT: correction, they add 3 months with an upgrade to U+. But still, that would only give 6 months access instead of 18 for the same cost.

[Admin note: Ultimate+ includes 12 months now]