Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keeping Track of UnUsed Game Pieces

Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
edited November 2014 in Logic Games 1049 karma
I noticed a common challenge for me is Keeping Track of UnUsed Game Pieces when I'm doing specific game setups.

IE I've filled in the pieces based on the question - then I may have a few left over but it can be time consuming checking and crossing out the ones I used to find the ones I didn't for each set up...

Does anyone have tips for this? Is it just taking the time to write out all pieces and cross out the used ones in order to save time and mistakes in the long run?

Is there anything more effective?

Comments

• alexroark5alexroark5 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited November 2014 812 karma
    Hey this is minor but I think it is extremely effective. If you notice JY when he does the games, whenever the pieces are 4 or more, he writes them in blocks. So say for example you are given 7 pieces: A B C D E F G

Instead of writing them out in a straight line like A B C D E F G, he always writes them in a block like so:

A B C D
    E F G

Writing them out in this block-like-fashion is spatially more conducive to mentally cross out which entities are used and which ones remain, since they are closer together

Just as a quick test. Say that you have already used pieces B C E and F. Now just look at the bock of entities vs the line of entities. You will see that it is MUCH easier to see in the block format vs the line format that A G D are the only ones that remain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    578 karma
    As you read the rules, cross out the letters that are mentioned. That way you know who your floaters are