Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many games a day?

nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
in Logic Games 1723 karma

So i have foolproofed games 1-35 thoroughly. Probably 5 to 6 times each. And the hard ones closer to 10 times. Now i am in the pt phase and during the time after a pt, after review and drills, i spend time going through those old games and some newer ones. How many games do you foolproof a day.? New and old?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    So i have foolproofed games 1-35 thoroughly. Probably 5 to 6 times each. And the hard ones closer to 10 times. Now i am in the pt phase and during the time after a pt, after review and drills, i spend time going through those old games and some newer ones. How many games do you foolproof a day.? New and old?

No set number. Personally, I aim to do about 4 new games a day and 4 old ones. Do each one about 4-6 times until it "clicks." I do the same thing after I PT as well. Just fool proof it as if it were a game from the bundle. Until I can get it perfect, under time, and feel like I own it.

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

@"Alex Divine"
    wow, you really do 8 games a day, including fool proofing!??
    I can only manage about 4 games a day on top of studying all the other sections. Sometimes 8 when I'm deciding to focus on LG that day

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"vanessa fisher" said:
    @"Alex Divine"
    wow, you really do 8 games a day, including fool proofing!??
    I can only manage about 4 games a day on top of studying all the other sections. Sometimes 8 when I'm deciding to focus on LG that day

Haha, yeah. I usually try to do 4 new ones/4 old ones. I fool proof them; watch the explanations; and re do them until I'm good. Then the next 4 I do are usually the set I fool proofed yesterday.

Right now I'm at a weird time in my prep, sort of taking a hiatus because of moving and another new job. One day I'll finally be able to just prep! I hope I can get there before I'm 30 at this rate, lol.

On days when I am doing other prep, fool proofing 4 sounds more my speed now that I think about it. Then again, it depends on which day of the week and how many hours I can devote to prepping, lol.

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

@"Alex Divine"
    well also you might be better at LG than me. LG is my worst section :), so I usually spend a lot of time with it. It's getting better though. Seems like a section that is purely about repetition

Good luck with the new job

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"vanessa fisher" said:
    @"Alex Divine"
    well also you might be better at LG than me. LG is my worst section :), so I usually spend a lot of time with it. It's getting better though. Seems like a section that is purely about repetition

Good luck with the new job

I like you, Vanessa, lol. :)

LG is probably my worst section, too. Well, least consistent section most of the time. Though arguably RC can be too.

Games are 100% all about repetition and exposure! None of the logic games are that hard and I'm convinced that anyone who can pass a high school Algebra class can master games. The issue is they are new to many of us and between that fact and timing pressure, I tend to think it's very much a psychological issue. It will come!

Aww..<3 Thanks for the luck. I'll need it ... especially while trying to prep!

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited July 2017 3072 karma

In the two months leading up to my LSAT, I typically did 3-4 timed LG sections a day, sometimes 5 if I felt good. I went through every LG section from PT 1-75, and wrote every game down in its entirety, in order, on sketch pads I purchased. I then did the LGs from PT 40-75 on the actual test printouts (one page/game format for tests that hadn't switched to the two page/game format). Then I redid about 20-30 of the sections I struggled with.

I never foolproofed games, really. When I'd get an answer wrong or struggled with a game, I'd simply review it after I scored it. If a game or section was particularly difficult, I'd put it back into my study lineup for another attempt later on.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@goingfor99th said:
    In the two months leading up to my LSAT, I typically did 3-4 timed LG sections a day, sometimes 5 if I felt good. I went through every LG section from PT 1-75, and wrote every game down in its entirety, in order, on sketch pads I purchased. I then did the LGs from PT 40-75 on the actual test printouts (one page/game format for tests that hadn't switched to the two page/game format). Then I redid about 20-30 of the sections I struggled with.

I never foolproofed games, really. When I'd get an answer wrong or struggled with a game, I'd simply review it after I scored it. If a game or section was particularly difficult, I'd put it back into my study lineup for another attempt later on.

Sounds like that worked out well for you, then. I did a similar thing with the Cambridge Packets before I had the LG bundle.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@goingfor99th said:

Sounds like that worked out well for you, then. I did a similar thing with the Cambridge Packets before I had the LG bundle.

Yeah, I'm pleased with how it turned out. I was afraid of substitution questions when I first encountered them, too, so I focused a lot of effort on them in the weeks leading up to the test. Yay for gut feelings!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@goingfor99th said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@goingfor99th said:

Yeah, I'm pleased with how it turned out. I was afraid of substitution questions when I first encountered them, too, so I focused a lot of effort on them in the weeks leading up to the test. Yay for gut feelings!

Haha. My gut feeling usually does me good in those situations ;)

• theLSATgrind2017theLSATgrind2017 Alum Member
    440 karma

I try to do a new section a day. I'll write down what my score and time was for each game. And then once I've completed 10-15 sections, I'll go back over the one's I had a difficult time.