Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG advice/help and when to redo a game

liza.bennettliza.bennett Alum Member
in Logic Games 108 karma

So I have printed all the LG and grouped them by type (basic linear, advanced linear, grouping etc). I am also using the spreadsheet to track my times, questions wrong and date taken. I am trying to figure out when do I repeat the same LG? Should I do the game, watch the video, and immediately redo the game? Or should I wait to redo the game until the next day? How much lag time should I have between the initial time doing the game and redoing the game after watching the video?
Thanks for the help!!

Comments

• theLSATgrind2017theLSATgrind2017 Alum Member
    440 karma

You should repeat a game if you missed a question or exceeded the time limit set by JY. I usually give myself a week or two after watching the video to attempt a game again. I also have a master list of games that I had issues with.

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

Here's my schedule :

Complete a game, and time yourself. After completing, review your answers (BR). After BR, watch JYs video. If you managed to catch all the inferences, got a perfect score, and solved it around or under his recommended time, check it off as complete - you don't need to review this one.

If any of those conditions failed, immediately after watching JYs video, solve the game again. Using his strategy. Hopefully you get it solved efficiently and perfectly. I will do this game again the next day, to make sure the solution sticks with me. And then I'll do it a week after that, for further reassurance that I understand the game.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Mellow_Z said:
    Here's my schedule :

Complete a game, and time yourself. After completing, review your answers (BR). After BR, watch JYs video. If you managed to catch all the inferences, got a perfect score, and solved it around or under his recommended time, check it off as complete - you don't need to review this one.

If any of those conditions failed, immediately after watching JYs video, solve the game again. Using his strategy. Hopefully you get it solved efficiently and perfectly. I will do this game again the next day, to make sure the solution sticks with me. And then I'll do it a week after that, for further reassurance that I understand the game.

More or less, this is exactly what I do. The only thing different is even if I mastered a game, I'll still use it to warn up the next day.

• Maddie D.Maddie D. Alum Member
    325 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Mellow_Z said:
    Here's my schedule :

More or less, this is exactly what I do. The only thing different is even if I mastered a game, I'll still use it to warn up the next day.

Exact same on my end too. Even if I feel good about a game, the time's right, and I get just one wrong, I foolproof it (albeit fewer times than if I genuinely struggle with a given game). Keeping a couple extra copies on hand to review the next day and a few weeks down the line is also really helpful, as the others have mentioned. Like you, I categorized mine. With the extra copies, however, I mix them up for when I revisit them in a week or two. Games used to be my absolute worst section by far and now I'm averaging around -2 or -3 and working to getting it to -1 or 0. Good luck! :smile:

• liza.bennettliza.bennett Alum Member
    108 karma

@"Maddie Distasio" said:

Exact same on my end too. Even if I feel good about a game, the time's right, and I get just one wrong, I foolproof it (albeit fewer times than if I genuinely struggle with a given game). Keeping a couple extra copies on hand to review the next day and a few weeks down the line is also really helpful, as the others have mentioned. Like you, I categorized mine. With the extra copies, however, I mix them up for when I revisit them in a week or two. Games used to be my absolute worst section by far and now I'm averaging around -2 or -3 and working to getting it to -1 or 0. Good luck! :smile:

Thanks! I am working on getting to -3 or better a game. I just started doing this method so I know I have my work cut out for me. I will also mix up my retests.
    I look forward to working on this section. Thanks everyone for the advice.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"liza.bennett" said:

@"Maddie Distasio" said:

Thanks! I am working on getting to -3 or better a game. I just started doing this method so I know I have my work cut out for me. I will also mix up my retests.
    I look forward to working on this section. Thanks everyone for the advice.

You'll get there... just keep going.... Fool proofing and getting good at games is a never ending process. 'Cause even once you're good, you have to practice to stay good.