Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Identify premise, context and conclusions in Most strongly support questions?

mzoodlemzoodle Member

Is it necessary to identify premise, context and conclusions in Most strongly support questions? So far I don't and have done well.

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

MSS questions are typically just a set of facts. Most of them don't have a premise and conclusion, although I think there has been very few that I have come across (like 1 or 2 ever from I remember).

• Heart Shaped BoxHeart Shaped Box Alum Member
    2426 karma

It's always a good habit to do so, though many of the MSS don't really conform to a regular argument structure, (i.e. there is no conclusion, a bunch of random facts, or correct AC is just a restatement of a line/fact/premise etc) so don't stress when you run into those, but I would say it generally serves you well being able to ID the argument/stimuli structure when you can.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@TheMikey said:
    MSS questions are typically just a set of facts. Most of them don't have a premise and conclusion, although I think there has been very few that I have come across (like 1 or 2 ever from I remember).

Yeah, they are very similar to MBT in that regard. Mostly fact sets. Try your best to understand the and follow what's going on in the stim.

• mzoodlemzoodle Member
    226 karma

ok great, merci.