Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Familiarity with questions during PT's

MsM1998_MsM1998_ Alum Member
in General 117 karma

I was just doing a timed PT and I found that many of the questions, due to having gone through the CC, are familiar. I've encountered most of them a while ago, but the familiarity of the questions ruins my confidence in my score. I ended up scoring 168, but I really don't know how to feel about it. Any suggestions on the type of mentality I should have when I experience similar events? Despite the fact that I didn't remember the correct answers to these questions, it still feels like I cheated. I'm sure this will occur again and again as I PT more, so I'd like to know what you think.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Which PT did you take? 1-35 are used in drilling. Start at 36 for fresh questions.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@MrYC1995 said:
    I was just doing a timed PT and I found that many of the questions, due to having gone through the CC, are familiar. I've encountered most of them a while ago, but the familiarity of the questions ruins my confidence in my score. I ended up scoring 168, but I really don't know how to feel about it. Any suggestions on the type of mentality I should have when I experience similar events? Despite the fact that I didn't remember the correct answers to these questions, it still feels like I cheated. I'm sure this will occur again and again as I PT more, so I'd like to know what you think.

How many of the questions were ones you had seen before? If only a few, I wouldn't really think it would make THAT much of a difference. If it was a whole bunch, then perhaps that helped you score a bit higher than you would have otherwise.

• lsat4lifelsat4life Alum Member
    255 karma

@MrYC1995 said:

Just don't worry about how to "feel" about the score. PTs are not about feeling good or bad, they're about revealing what still needs work. Clearly there is plenty of stuff to review, so get cracking.