Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diagram Must Be True Questions?

mzoodlemzoodle Member

I am learning MBT Questions. JY uses diagrams. Should we, too?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@mzoodle said:
    I am learning MBT Questions. JY uses diagrams. Should we, too?

To learn them and to review them during BR, yes. I tend not to on most during actual PTs, but when I was first learning them and even now for harder/longer/ MBTs, I still diagram.

• mzoodlemzoodle Member
    226 karma

So how do you suggest we improve on them? There are too many "if this then this" to remember.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@mzoodle said:
    So how do you suggest we improve on them? There are too many "if this then this" to remember.

How to improve on MBTs? A really good understanding of the conditional logic is imperative. Like I said, diagramming the questions is also a helpful practice.

Have you watched all of the MBT/conditional logic lessons on 7Sage?

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

Though it's more ideal to be able to not diagram on those questions, when I have the urge to diagram during timed, I sometimes diagram on the questions by underlining words and drawing arrows to indicate conditionality. Saves time.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@dml277 said:
    Though it's more ideal to be able to not diagram on those questions, when I have the urge to diagram during timed, I sometimes diagram on the questions by underlining words and drawing arrows to indicate conditionality. Saves time.

Yeah, exactly. Not ideal, but when you're learning, I feel like it's a pretty important step to skip.

I also do something similar to this to save time. I think it's a great idea and skill set to remain flexible.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

If they are heavy in logic that can be diagramed then I usually do (if it has a crap ton of most, some, only, etc statements). But if they aren't heavy in them, then no I usually don't.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

I think sage corey has an informative webinar on when to diagram in LR. A big one that he stressed is to check if there are overlapping variables. And how long the conditional chain is