Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to start timing myself on prep test?

fisherpfisherp Member
in General 40 karma

So, I joined 7sage May 24, 2017. As of today, I have completed all 91 hours of the course. Do I jump into taking a timed test? Or, do I just take a test - no timer- and see where I am on questions?

Any advice would be appreciated! & I would be grateful! :)

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

Do a timed test--PT 36--and use that to determine where to go next. You'll likely need to quit PTing for a few weeks to address many issues it will reveal, but I think it's good to take a test post CC. I elaborate a lot on how to go about post curriculum studies in a webinar here:

https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

Hope this is useful!

• fisherpfisherp Member
    40 karma

It was very useful! I loved the slideshow, it was insightful.
    I took my prep test and wow - I don't think I did well. So, this is just the beginning!

Thank you :)

• amedley88amedley88 Alum Member
    378 karma

Love that webinar. I recently did PT 36 and got a 150 timed, 160 on BR, my lowest on both areas of any practice test I completed. However, none of my questions were flagged as "Very High" priority, all were low to medium. Reviewed the video explanations and am now drilling my weaknesses to get ready for PT 37, which will finish off this study cycle at the end of the week. Thanks 7sage!

• fisherpfisherp Member
    edited August 2017 40 karma

Good Luck @amedley88

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Do a timed test--PT 36--and use that to determine where to go next. You'll likely need to quit PTing for a few weeks to address many issues it will reveal, but I think it's good to take a test post CC. I elaborate a lot on how to go about post curriculum studies in a webinar here:

Hope this is useful!

Thanks for sharing. I'll be checking that out when I finish the CC.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

@amedley88 DW about the score, we all start there. Youll be surprised how quickly you can progress with the proper amount of prep planning.

P.S. if there is anything ANYTHING you dont fully understand feel free to post it, PM me, AND RETURN TO THE CC.
    There is a stigma for ppl who just finished the CC, that they cannot return to it, this is just dumb.
    happy studying!

• thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
    1363 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:

Hope this is useful!

Should we take a couple of PTs first and then, depending on our average PT score, determine where to go next or should we dive right in after our first PT post CC? Does the difference between the two approaches matter at all?

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:

Hope this is useful!

Tanks for sharing! I am half way through the CC and was wondering what the heck to do after! I'll definitely be watching when I'm done. :)

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

@thisissparta said:
    Should we take a couple of PTs first and then, depending on our average PT score, determine where to go next or should we dive right in after our first PT post CC? Does the difference between the two approaches matter at all?

I don't think there's a huge difference between taking one or two tests. Early on though, one test will generate more data than you can probably handle. The main thing is to analyze your errors, figure out what went wrong, and then address those in order to avoid those mistakes in the future. Until you've done that, you can't really expect to do any better on a second test.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@fisherp said:
    So, I joined 7sage May 24, 2017. As of today, I have completed all 91 hours of the course. Do I jump into taking a timed test? Or, do I just take a test - no timer- and see where I am on questions?

Any advice would be appreciated! & I would be grateful! :)

I would recommend fool proofing the games and taking some timed sections before jumping into PTs. I found that this helped me greatly when I finally got to full PTs. You could also just take PT 36 timed and likely it will reveal tons of areas in which you could improve on. Either way, I think you'll be ok. Definitely don't waste a test by doing it untimed though.