Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Arguement Part Questions

mzoodlemzoodle Member

I'm having trouble with them. Any advice?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

What exactly is giving you trouble with these?

Aside from JY's lessons on these, I've found that I always nail these if I let the answer choices do the work. I approach them much like I would a main point question and instead of looking for just the main conclusion, you're just looking for the specific sentence they are asking about.

Also, I think it helped that I learned many of the other LR question types before moving on the AP questions.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

Exposure and repetition usually reap benefits. I think AP and Method questions, although rare, are some of the most important because they test you on the fundamentals of arguments. If you understand each "part" of an argument and how it functions, then it becomes easier strengthen it, weaken it, etc.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

what I do for these questions is put like a bracket next to what each sentence is. ctx for context, P for premise, SC for sub conc, and MC for main conc. this helps me a ton, and if you have trouble with identifying these things, go back and do the fundamentals because identifying support and conclusions is critical for all LR arguments.

• mzoodlemzoodle Member
    226 karma

This helped, practice does indeed make perfect. Thanks