Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Circling Method

Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
in General 776 karma

So I've been trying to develop a circling method for BR/time saving.

The best thing I've come up with so far is one circle for questions I'm not a 100% sure on, two circles for questions I found the answer choices difficult, and three circles for questions I plain just don't understand. I tend to finish my sections with a bit of time 2-5 minutes so I'm hoping this can focus my spare time. Does anyone else use a similar method for which questions they address first?

Comments

• amedley88amedley88 Alum Member
    378 karma

When I BR, I pretty much just go over everything again... If it's one I was 100% sure of, I'll remember immediately upon reading the stimulus and not return to it in BR. However, I typically do my BR on the same day or the day immediately after - with a couple of hours grace in between of course for a full PT.

• logicallyinclinedlogicallyinclined Alum Member
    39 karma

That's quite an elaborate system! I usually try to streamline by just marking the choices I am not sure about and attack the question a second time after the initial pass through. Like amedley, I try to knock out BR immediately after my first go.

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

@amedley88 said:
    When I BR, I pretty much just go over everything again... If it's one I was 100% sure of, I'll remember immediately upon reading the stimulus and not return to it in BR. However, I typically do my BR on the same day or the day immediately after - with a couple of hours grace in between of course for a full PT.

Same here, but I find myself returning to the questions I marked and having an issue seeing which ones gave me the most trouble. A few stand out, but occasionally seeing the question again is misleading. Sometimes my first pass i'll have a question that kicks my butt for what ever reason. During BR, I can see the answer right away and I tend to miss out on the fact that I seriously struggled. Thus a nice hole in my understanding starts to develop and i'm in hot water.

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

@tmickjr__ said:
    That's quite an elaborate system! I usually try to streamline by just marking the choices I am not sure about and attack the question a second time after the initial pass through. Like amedley, I try to knock out BR immediately after my first go.

LOL, it's maybe a little elaborate! I try to BR right away as well but sometimes life happens and I forget which problems were serious doozies and which ones I just wasn't confident with.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I do a biggish circle for questions I didn't really understand.

I do a small circle for questions that I either process of eliminated and I'm slightly comfortable with the AC I chose or a question I know I got right but want to check out later on during review.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I've been recording every timed section/PT I take. This way I can review where I was having trouble and see the actual context and review exactly where I got stumped. Otherwise I just circle the questions I have trouble on.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27878 karma

I have a three tier system that works really well for me:

A slash is 75% confidence: I'm almost positive I've got the answer, but would love the chance to confirm if there's time.

A circle is 40% - 75% confidence: I understand the argument and just couldn't quite get it in the answer choices. I'm confident I can get it quickly with a fresh start.

A double circle is less than 40% confidence: These really stumped me or else I just realized it was going to take a significant amount of time to crack.

On my second round, I tackle my circles. I can almost always bump them to high confidence very quickly which is why I give them priority. If I can't get them fast, I skip them and upgrade them to a double circle.

Third round is for double circles. This is where the curve breakers that really require time and work get done. If I do run out of time, it will be on the questions I'm most likely to miss anyway.

For round four, I go back to my slashes to confirm those answers.