Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to do POE in Logic Games

lsnnnnn0011lsnnnnn0011 Alum Member
in Study Groups 227 karma

Hi,

I had a breakthrough in my scores in logic games by employing POE for CBT Qs and looking for MBT/CNBT and moving on once I find MBT/CNBT in MBT/CNBT Qs. In particular, I think the perspective of trying to eliminate CNBT ACs (=wrong ACs) in CBT Qs really made the whole process easier and more efficient. (This is what Mike Kim suggests in the Trainer)

But sometimes when the right answer of a CBT Q is (A) or (B), or when the ACs are designed in a way that makes it harder to see if each AC is CNBT (whether it's because of the AC is really wordy or because CNBT ACs don't immediately jump out like they do in other Qs), eliminating 4 CNBT ACs seems counterintuitive.

So at this point, I am a bit puzzled in terms of my Q type strategy for logic games. While it's incredibly helpful that I actively, consciously look for CNBT ACs to eliminate in CBT Qs, elimination is inefficient in some CBTs. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10789 karma

I like that you know that you want to first just look at the answer choices and see if any of the answer choices jumps out at you and you would like to try. A lot of time that's what cuts the time short when I feel like I need to try answers.

But it does happen that sometimes nothing jumps out. At that point I look at what are my most restricted players vs my most free players. For example, if its a could be true, I would more likely try out an answer choice that involves a scenario with my floater since it has many possibilities and a higher chance of occurring in different ways. But if its a MBF, I would try out an answer choice that deals with my most restrictive player since its very limited and would most likely not be able to fit in a scenario.

Also, skip these questions until you have done more questions for this game. A lot of times one of the questions will make you do a game that would give you an answer for these questions. So come back at the end and maybe at the least your other games either give you the right answer or at least help you eliminate some wrong ones and narrow down the answer choices you will have to try. Doing other questions also gives you a better feel of the game and helps increase that intuition we talked about where some answer choices jump out at you as more likely to be the right answers.

• lsnnnnn0011lsnnnnn0011 Alum Member
    227 karma

@Sami

Thanks so much!!! I will definitely keep this in mind and try it out in my drill :)