Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powerscore Personal Tutoring migrant... How much time I need?

Gino_the_Slow_OneGino_the_Slow_One Free Trial Member
in General 18 karma

Hey all,

So, I'm taking on 7sage's trial course before making the full plunge with you guys, but something stuck out to me... J.Y. recommends that we study for at least a year before being fully ready for an LSAT attempt.

Nowadays, that "3 attempts every 2 years" policy is gone, so now we can take and re-take without issue. But, he has a good point.

My question is: Do we need to spend a whole other year relearning everything from scratch if we're coming from a competing service like Powerscore? Or is it more realistic to cut it down a bit since I have some of the core basics and experiences down?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Gino_the_Slow_One said:
    Hey all,

So, I'm taking on 7sage's trial course before making the full plunge with you guys, but something stuck out to me... J.Y. recommends that we study for at least a year before being fully ready for an LSAT attempt.

Nowadays, that "3 attempts every 2 years" policy is gone, so now we can take and re-take without issue. But, he has a good point.

My question is: Do we need to spend a whole other year relearning everything from scratch if we're coming from a competing service like Powerscore? Or is it more realistic to cut it down a bit since I have some of the core basics and experiences down?

Every single person is so complex and different with respect to where they start, their strengths, and their weaknesses, and a literal myriad of other considerations that impact how long they should study for.

If you have a good foundation and understanding of this test from another prep company, and it works for you, then you won't likely can cut the time needed down a bit since you have the core basics down. I still recommend going through all the lessons as if you were starting from scratch so you can decide which strategies work best for you. The nice thing about already having a foundation is that you'll also likely be able to move through the lessons a bit faster than if you were just starting out.