Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rest made my score jump

ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
edited August 2017 in General 513 karma

So I just realized that the highest score I've ever gotten on a PT was directly after a weekend camping trip in which I did not think about the LSAT once.

Then this week I've prepped a solid 12+ hours and took 2 PT's and scored 3/5 points lower. There might be a correlation between completely forgetting about the LSAT for a few days and coming back with a fresh mind.

I think I'm approaching complete burn out.

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

This is widely reported by people here on 7sage. I've also experienced it.

• m4andrewm4andrew Alum Member
    10 karma

I agree and disagree. I think that those jumps occur only after absorbing new knowledge and then allowing yourself to take a break and internalize it all. Maybe plan off days, similar to a work out routine!

• sarahmelton6sarahmelton6 Alum Member
    169 karma

@ZaTabler said:
    I think I'm approaching complete burn out.

What's your plan? Are you going to take more breaks? I am just coming back from a very long break and hope I see a bump in my score like you did :)

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Yeah, breaks can def help

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Awesome to hear! I remember the first time I went -0 on a LG section was after taking a weekend off from all prep.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

This is definitely true to an extent. I took a week off and my brain was to sluggish and slow to properly PT. But a short refresher is def. Good.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Congrats! I hope it would happen to me too after having this awful cold...

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

I'd like to add...it was after extensive review and prep the week before. I've been drilling and prepping really hard for several months without more than a single day off every few weeks.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

Experienced the same thing. If you look at my LSAT score graph, there are clear peaks after I take a few days off, and then subsequent valleys as I take back to back PrepTests, then another peak after a rest day.

Burnout is real.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

Nice job! Sometimes your brain needs time to recover from all of the LSAT trauma :wink:

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Yeah, very common. You can't see the forrest without getting out of the trees from time to time. And you can't perform your best without that broader perspective.

• StrangerThanFiction175StrangerThanFiction175 Free Trial Member
    99 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    This is definitely true to an extent. I took a week off and my brain was to sluggish and slow to properly PT. But a short refresher is def. Good.

Agree. Took a week off because I was traveling constantly and didn't have enough time in the day to study. Got back and I was very sluggish.