Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I went to Disney and became inspired

Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
in General 776 karma

Hey everyone,

So I know I disappeared for awhile - don't hate me, but I'm back! After really weighing it out, i've decided to do the September exam for a couple reasons. Mainly, I genuinely believe I can get the score I want. But the anxiety came when I went to Disney World for two days (a long time planned vacation). I honestly thought I would have no motivation to study and would see a significant decrease in my score. Instead, I'm genuinely refreshed and inspired. It's like a finally have room in my brain and everything is starting to really stick. I really thought I was going to be exhausted (5 am morning till 2 am the next morning and I managed to do completely do 3 parks in one day) but instead i'm totally recharged. My LR skills seemed to have sharpened and become really reliable. So to anyone right now feeling totally burnt out - TAKE A BREAK! A full out break, where you don't think about the LSAT and do something FUN. You will not regret it.

A little LSAT inspiration post for those of us hard at work!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

:) @Victoria14 that's amazing! I had the same experience the other day when I got my best PT score after taking it easy for a few days. Taking a break and coming back recharged is the way to go!

Good luck in September :star:

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    :) @Victoria14 that's amazing! I had the same experience the other day when I got my best PT score after taking it easy for a few days. Taking a break and coming back recharged is the way to go!

Thanks Alex! I use to read how you guys would take a break and come back better - It's really true!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Victoria14 said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Thanks Alex! I use to read how you guys would take a break and come back better - It's really true!

I always found it to be a bit counter intuitive myself; however, once I experienced how refreshed and focused I was after I break, I began taking at least one day off per week and a weekend off per month.

• CJF_2180CJF_2180 Alum Member
    106 karma

This is such good advice. It seems counterintuitive, but taking breaks, hanging out with friends, and relaxing can make major differences. I love it.

776 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    I always found it to be a bit counter intuitive myself; however, once I experienced how refreshed and focused I was after I break, I began taking at least one day off per week and a weekend off per month.

That's a great idea in all honesty. I'm going to do that myself. I also think the excess of exercise helped as well. My activity watch said I had over 35,000 steps over the course of the day and I slept for 9 hours straight lol.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

I've never been to Disney World, but I live right down the street from Disneyland in Cali. Sometimes I can hear the fireworks going off when I'm trying to study :angry: . I'm a huge proponent of taking breaks as well. Sometimes you need a mental break from LSAT trauma.

776 karma

@CJF_2180 said:
    This is such good advice. It seems counterintuitive, but taking breaks, hanging out with friends, and relaxing can make major differences. I love it.

It makes a world of difference. Like i'm currently creaming a RC section - THATS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE

776 karma

@Freddy_D said:
    I've never been to Disney World, but I live right down the street from Disneyland in Cali. Sometimes I can hear the fireworks going off when I'm trying to study :angry: . I'm a huge proponent of taking breaks as well. Sometimes you need a mental break from LSAT trauma.

A break for the LSAT trauma is a real and necessary thing. If you ever get the chance to go to Disney World, you should! It's much bigger and has a very immersive feeling. Though hearing fire works would annoy me lol!

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

disney<3

2983 karma

@Victoria14 said:

@Freddy_D said:

A break for the LSAT trauma is a real and necessary thing. If you ever get the chance to go to Disney World, you should! It's much bigger and has a very immersive feeling. Though hearing fire works would annoy me lol!

Will do! It's definitely on my list of places to visit.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Victoria14 said:

@Freddy_D said:

I went there in 2010 for my high school senior field trip! I had a great time but I could really use a vacation .... I kinda want to go, like, now! :sunglasses:

2983 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Victoria14 said:

@Freddy_D said:

I went there in 2010 for my high school senior field trip! I had a great time but I could really use a vacation .... I kinda want to go, like, now! :sunglasses:

Man, that's an awesome senior class trip. I think I went to Knott's Berry Farm :disappointed: (it's the Cooley of theme parks)

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

What are friends....

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Freddy_D said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Victoria14 said:

@Freddy_D said:

Man, that's an awesome senior class trip. I think I went to Knott's Berry Farm :disappointed: (it's the Cooley of theme parks)

LMAO "The Cooley of theme parks" :sweat_smile:

Yeah, it was actually pretty awesome now that I think back to it.

4196 karma

six flags great adventure in NJ is dabes ever

fight me

2983 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    What are friends...

Just a guess, but I think friends are those people that we used to see and talk to before the LSAT ruined all of our lives.

4196 karma

@Freddy_D said:

@LSATcantwin said:
    What are friends...

Just a guess, but I think friends are those people that we used to see and talk to before the LSAT ruined all of our lives.

I was such a fun person before the LSAT came into my life

13286 karma

@TheMikey said:

@Freddy_D said:

@LSATcantwin said:
    What are friends...

What is fun?

4196 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@TheMikey said:

@Freddy_D said:

@LSATcantwin said:
    What are friends...

What is fun?

no damn clue...

2983 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@TheMikey said:

@Freddy_D said:

@LSATcantwin said:
    What are friends...

What is fun?

Fun = getting through an RC section without crying and/or cursing.

4196 karma

logic games are kinda fun, I guess (????????) O_O

13286 karma

@Freddy_D said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@TheMikey said:

@Freddy_D said:

@LSATcantwin said:
    What are friends...

What is fun?

Fun = getting through an RC section without crying and/or cursing.

Ohhhh okay. Yeah, I have not had fun in awhile.

13286 karma

@TheMikey said:

I got a computer virus from them and then my score went to crap

4196 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@TheMikey said:

yeah same...eileen gray gave me a virus.. should've used protection, that whore..

edited August 2017 13286 karma

@TheMikey said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@TheMikey said:

yeah same...eileen gray gave me a virus.. should've used protection, that whore..

Did you lacquer all over her table?

I STILL don't even know what kinda "art" that is...

4196 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

the face of evil

http://i.imgur.com/mj4FN6w.jpg

13286 karma

@TheMikey said:

@LSATcantwin said:

the face of evil

http://i.imgur.com/mj4FN6w.jpg

I actually hate it. Like, I can feel the hate.

This is why I am Darth Vader.

edited August 2017 4196 karma
    776 karma

@TheMikey @LSATcantwin @Freddy_D @"Alex Divine" I leave for like three hours and come back to 19 notifications boys.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    What are friends....

Haha! I can totally relate to this. That and what is a husband?

edited August 2017 4196 karma

@Victoria14 said:

because that individual in the picture above is evil, and that chair up above kills people.

just something to be aware of. oh and she gave me a virus

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@Victoria14 I am going to Florida for a wedding next weekend and you're giving me MAJOR ideas

776 karma

@tringo335 said:
    @Victoria14 I am going to Florida for a wedding next weekend and you're giving me MAJOR ideas

DO IT! I SWEAR! If you go, let me know what park you land at and i'll let you know on what the MUSTS are because i'm fresh on the best food options lol

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

Loll you're winning at fun breaks. I'm from Central FL and I haven't done Disney in a while. At first, I was reluctant to take breaks too but having fun really makes a difference. Stress can be really bad for brain function and ultimately our LSAT performance.

• WhatAmIEvenWhatAmIEven Alum Member
    102 karma

Amen! I went on a 5-day trip to Hong Kong for a wedding and came back more motivated than ever! I was so burnt out and worried before the break but so thankful for it after!