Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it me or....

MaritzaaMaritzaa Alum Member
in General 368 karma

Do the early LR sections (PTs 10 - 20) seem a little more difficult than the sections in the later PTs? I find the language in the stimulus for many questions to be a little convoluted. Is that just me?

I am using the early PTs for drilling but I'm getting more questions wrong per section than for the most recent tests. I really want to write in December and I have limited time to study, so trying to figure out if I should keep going or ditch the early PTs.

Thanks!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Mitzyyyy said:
    Do the early LR sections (PTs 10 - 20) seem a little more difficult than the sections in the later PTs? I find the language in the stimulus for many questions to be a little convoluted. Is that just me?

I am using the early PTs for drilling but I'm getting more questions wrong per section than for the most recent tests. I really want to write in December and I have limited time to study, so trying to figure out if I should keep going or ditch the early PTs.

Thanks!

I think it depends honestly. I began using the newer tests to study and once I decided to save most of them for full PTs, I began using the older tests. When I first transitioned I remember feeling the same way. after getting used to the older tests, I began thinking those were easier. So I truly think it's what you're comfortable with.

Where are you in your studying? (Going through the CC or doing PTs?)

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

yeah there are a lot of weirdly worded LR questions in the earlier PTs for sure.

I would say at least do the 40's PTs LR if you're going to ditch the more earlier ones

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@TheMikey said:
    yeah there are a lot of weirdly worded LR questions in the earlier PTs for sure.

I would say at least do the 40's PTs LR if you're going to ditch the more earlier ones

Hey Mikey,

I've actually not done any PTs in the 40s. How would you you say the stack up compared to the early tests and the more recent 52+ tests?

edited August 2017 4196 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

Hey Mikey,

I've actually not done any PTs in the 40s. How would you you say the stack up compared to the early tests and the more recent 52+ tests?

Idk, personally I don't see much of a difference in LR in the 40's compared to the newer ones like a lot of people claim. So I may not be the best person to ask that question. But the 40's are def helpful, imo. I thought they were probably easier than the newer PT's, but not because of changing LR trends, just because it was easier to me.

Sorry if that is a shitty comparison, but tbh I personally don't see that whole LR trend thing people always talk about, it's all the same crap to me haha. besides RC not having comp reading, of course. But the reason I recommended it is because it's just more recent than the way older ones. I just personally see any PT that doesn't have the '2 questions for 1 stimulus' questions as "recent-ish" since our much more recent PT's don't have that structure anymore, and I think that stops being so at like PT 40 or 39 or something.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@TheMikey said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

Hey Mikey,

Idk, personally I don't see much of a difference in LR in the 40's compared to the newer ones like a lot of people claim. So I may not be the best person to ask that question. But the 40's are def helpful, imo. I thought they were probably easier than the newer PT's, but not because of changing LR trends, just because it was easier to me.

Sorry if that is a shitty comparison, but tbh I personally don't see that whole LR trend thing people always talk about, it's all the same crap to me haha. besides RC not having comp reading, of course. But the reason I recommended it is because it's just more recent than the way older ones. I just personally see any PT that doesn't have the '2 questions for 1 stimulus' questions as "recent-ish" since our much more recent PT's don't have that structure anymore, and I think that stops being so at like PT 40 or 39 or something.

Right on. Thanks a bunch!

4196 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

np! also, an earlier 40's PT (airplane game) has a weird game that I think we would see a similar one in the future at this rate. so def check that out

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@TheMikey said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

np! also, an earlier 40's PT (airplane game) has a weird game that I think we would see a similar one in the future at this rate. so def check that out

Ahhh yes! I have heard of the infamous airplane game. I'll be sure to check it out :) Thank you!

4196 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Ahhh yes! I have heard of the infamous airplane game. I'll be sure to check it out :) Thank you!

Np :)