Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone just read instead of watching the videos?

mikey123mikey123 Alum Member
edited August 2017 in General 6 karma

I'm just starting and I'm wondering if there's a big difference between reading the lessons and watching the videos of the lessons? I'd prefer to read but I don't want to miss any material that isn't covered in the accompanying text. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

@faikesmr said:
    I'm just starting and I'm wondering if there's a big difference between reading the lessons and watching the videos of the lessons? I'd prefer to read but I don't want to miss any material that isn't covered in the accompanying text. Thanks for the help!

No, but when I was starting off I kind of made sure to do both. I'd watch the videos and then take notes from any of the text. I think some people do a lot better with remembering materials they've read or written down. If you're that type of person definitely watch/read the lessons and make sure to take notes!

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Core Member
    2983 karma

The vids are a treasure trove of information. Plus, JY manages to make this dull material pretty enjoyable.

• mikey123mikey123 Alum Member
    6 karma

I can't believe how quickly I got two answers that were actually useful haha--I understand why people were so adamant about 7sage having a good community. Thanks y'all!

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

vids >

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

JYs style of teaching made the videos well worth the watch but everyone learns differently ...