Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT 81 BR Sessions with J.Y.

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited September 2017 in Study Groups 14039 karma

Hey 7Sagers, I'm leading BR calls for PT 81 (June 2017 LSAT).

I'm holding 12 sessions total. 4 for each of LR 1, LR 2, and RC. Each session will focus on only one section of PT 81.

All sessions will start at 7:30p ET and end at 9:30p.

Multiple sessions are meant to accomodate people's various schedules and to reduce class size per session.

What happens in these sessions?
I'll ask students to state which questions were circled for BR. We'll work through the questions the group nominates. I generally try to ask students questions to elicit the right response. Please wear headphones and try to be in a quiet place.

How should I prepare?
Take PT 81 and have the questions you'd like to BR ready. The first thing I'll ask everyone is which questions they'd like to BR.

Next Session
9/6 Wednesday - Section 1 - RC, Passages 3 and 4
7:30p - 9:30p ET

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/886067949

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (646) 749-3112

Access Code: 886-067-949

Joining from a video-conferencing room or system?
Dial: 67.217.95.2##886067949
Cisco devices: 886067949@67.217.95.2

First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: https://care.citrixonline.com/g2m/getready

Future Sessions

Obtaining PT 81
If you have an Ultimate+ account, you will be able to view and print PT 81 under the Syllabus. You can also purchase PT 81 as an add-on to your existing course here.

Alternatively, you can purchase the paper copy of LSAT PT 81 on Amazon here.

Past Sessions
8/26 Saturday - Section 2 - LR
8/27 Sunday - Section 3 - LR
8/28 Monday - Section 1 - RC, Passages 1 and 2
8/29 Tuesday - Section 2 - LR
8/30 Wednesday - Section 3 - LR
8/31 Thursday - Section 1 - RC, Passages 3 and 4
9/1 Friday - Section 2 - LR
9/2 Saturday - Section 3 - LR
9/3 Sunday - Section 1 - RC, Passages 1 and 2
9/4 Monday - Section 2 - LR
9/5 Tuesday - Section 3 - LR

Comments

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    edited August 2017 1644 karma

Thanks for this boost and gift for September LSAT taker. I will do it seriously as I can and join the review.

I can't find PT81 on my syllabus though.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Nice! I'd love to join! :)

4196 karma

@dennisgerrard said:
    Thanks for this boost and gift for September LSAT taker. I will do it seriously as I can and join the review.

I can't find PT81 on my syllabus though.

I can't find it either. Hmm.. this is weird..

1644 karma

@TheMikey There's one commentary video for PT81 though.same to you?

4196 karma

@dennisgerrard said:
    @TheMikey There's one commentary video for PT81 though.same to you?

Yeah, that's the only thing under PT81. Perhaps they will post the rest of PT81's stuff before the first review call?

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Hmmm. Amazon says the publication date of PT81 is September 4, 2017.

• sjiang666sjiang666 Alum Member
    157 karma

@dennisgerrard I also did not find the printable PT 81 in my sylla as well. There is only one live commentary.

@akistotle I also heard that it will be public on 4th Sept. But I placed an order on Amazon last week, and amazon just shipped it out. Wired.

• Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
    edited August 2017 877 karma

Hey, I think the last 3 dates listed are incorrect. Could someone clarify which are the last 3 days of BR sessions? Thank you!

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@bswise2 said:
    Hey, I think the last 3 dates listed are incorrect. Could someone clarify which are the last 3 days of BR sessions? Thank you!

Hahaha I think almost every date on there is wrong. JY must be smoking the good stuff

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Will there be explanation videos before the September exam?

4196 karma

@Mellow_Z said:

@bswise2 said:

Hahaha I think almost every date on there is wrong. JY must be smoking the good stuff

I'll have what he's having :D

• Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma

PT 81 should appear in the Syllabus very soon. Many people have already received PT 81 from Amazon. It seems they released it well before the September 4 projection. After you take it, you might wish that was not the case :wink:. I am sure J.Y's guidance will be a great help. I look forward to it!

9377 karma

@"Daniel.Sieradzki" said:
    PT 81 should appear in the Syllabus very soon. Many people have already received PT 81 from Amazon. It seems they released it well before the September 4 projection. After you take it, you might wish that was not the case :wink:. I am sure J.Y's guidance will be a great help. I look forward to it!

Oh I didn't know that it could be released before the publication date! Thanks!

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14039 karma

Hey sorry about the dates - the last three days of the week did not match up with the dates. They're fixed now, I think. Any other date issues?

PT 81 will indeed be on sale / accessible via your syllabus very soon.

14039 karma

@westcoastbestcoast Video explanations for PT 81 will be released one week before the September LSAT.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

According to Amazon my test was delivered yesterday so I'll have to check my mail when I get home tonight. Also, IIRC, they beat their projected release date by a couple weeks for PT80, too.
    I don't know why I bought the hard copy but I'm so glad 7Sage has all the tests in one convenient place now.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

This is awesome. Will there be future sessions like this? I'm only halfway through the CC and not sure if I should start doing PTs.

4196 karma

@tringo335 said:
    This is awesome. Will there be future sessions like this? I'm only halfway through the CC and not sure if I should start doing PTs.

Wait until you're done with the CC to start doing PTs :)

3679 karma

@TheMikey said:

@tringo335 said:

Yea that's my plan; that's why I'm wondering if JY plans on doing any future sessions like this ... fingers crossed! :)

4196 karma

@tringo335 said:

@TheMikey said:

@tringo335 said:

Yea that's my plan; that's why I'm wondering if JY plans on doing any future sessions like this ... fingers crossed! :)

I think he most likely will! He did it for the June exam in which he did several BR sessions with people for PT80 (:

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@tringo335 said:

@TheMikey said:

@tringo335 said:

I think you can count on that! This is something that seems pretty regular, at least since I've been around :)

3679 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

I think you can count on that! This is something that seems pretty regular, at least since I've been around :)

AWESOME.

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

Very excited to join. Thanks for doing this. Seems PT 81 isn't up yet still so will keep checking back. Hope to have enough time to do it and BR it before the call.

• bklsat05bklsat05 Member
    177 karma

Amazing opp -- anywhere to purchase locally in NY since it is not up yet? Or ETA when it can be purchased as the add-on?

edited August 2017 14039 karma

@bklsat05 @"vanessa fisher" @tringo335 @"Alex Divine" @TheMikey @akistotle @westcoastbestcoast @Mellow_Z @bswise2 @sjiang666 @dennisgerrard @"Daniel.Sieradzki"

If you have U+, then PT's 81 is in your syllabus. You can also purchase it as an add-on too.

https://7sage.com/lesson/preptest-81/
    https://7sage.com/addons/ ($5.97 early bird special for a week)

9377 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" said:
    @bklsat05 @"vanessa fisher" @tringo335 @"Alex Divine" @TheMikey @akistotle @westcoastbestcoast @Mellow_Z @bswise2 @sjiang666 @dennisgerrard @"Daniel.Sieradzki"

If you have U+, then PT's 81 is in your syllabus. You can also purchase it as an add-on too.

I'm excited!!!
    https://m.popkey.co/0a2e1b/xR5eO.gif
    (although I don't know when I'll be taking PT81)

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

Woo it's available on U+ syllabus! Man oh man.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

7Sage is the freakin' best! It's truly the gift that keeps on giving!

4196 karma

thanks J.Y.!

1644 karma

bravo!

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

This…81 was HARD

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

@cal270 said:
    This…81 was HARD

Yup, I had tons of fun with one RC passage in particular.

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

Thank you JY. Sounds good!

• batniki1batniki1 Alum Member
    edited August 2017 226 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" said:

I am only bummed about the non-U+ members who purchased the test and don't get the live commentary. Or maybe I just don't know how to access it... I am only able to get video explanations for the LGs. Regardless, thank you for this super nice gift for the September takers!

edited August 2017 1084 karma

Was PT 81 like one of the hardest RC sections you've ever seen? I don't know if I was just having a meltdown but man that threw me, and I'm someone that has RC as their strongest section every time. I barely finished the fourth passage in time. I think throwing in that RC section right at the beginning is a great reminder of how test takers can f*ck with you psychologically and throw your confidence for the test. Good reminder!

1084 karma

also, just occurred to me that maybe I shouldn't share my experience just in case it throws others that haven't taken the test yet. My bad!
    Also, it really just could have been me. I nearly had a full on meltdown in RC cause it is usually my strongest section

9377 karma

@therealnas said:

@"J.Y. Ping" said:

I am only bummed about the non-U+ members who purchased the test and don't get the live commentary. Or maybe I just don't know how to access it... I am only able to get video explanations for the LGs. Regardless, thank you for this super nice gift for the September takers!

There are no video explanations (and the Live Commentary) for LR and RC for PT81 yet. I think J.Y. will post them after these BR sessions.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"vanessa fisher" said:
    Was PT 81 like one of the hardest RC sections you've ever seen? I don't know if I was just having a meltdown but man that threw me, and I'm someone that has RC as their strongest section every time. I barely finished the fourth passage in time. I think throwing in that RC section right at the beginning is a great reminder of how test takers can f*ck with you psychologically and throw your confidence for the test. Good reminder!

I think many people felt this way about PT81. Out my 3 friends who took 81, all agreed it was the hardest RC they'd ever done.

1084 karma

@"Alex Divine" I have to say that makes me feel so much better. I was like literally almost crying. LOL, very unlike me. It took me completely off guard

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

@"vanessa fisher" said:
    @"Alex Divine" I have to say that makes me feel so much better. I was like literally almost crying. LOL, very unlike me. It took me completely off guard

Aw! Don't cry ... My good buddy*** who is an RC beast (averaged around -2 on RC) thought 81 was a BEAST of its own. I think JY's BR sessions will help demystify how to do well on PT 81s RC section.

• batniki1batniki1 Alum Member
    226 karma

@akistotle said:

@therealnas said:

@"J.Y. Ping" said:

There are no video explanations (and the Live Commentary) for LR and RC for PT81 yet. I think J.Y. will post them after these BR sessions.

I actually found it: https://7sage.com/lesson/preptest-81-s3-lr-live-commentary/

1084 karma

@"Alex Divine" yeah for sure, and part of it was just the shock. I felt like I was reading gibberish, and then panicked. If I'd calmed down I would have been fine. Good reminder to not panic! :)

9377 karma

@therealnas said:

@akistotle said:

@therealnas said:

@"J.Y. Ping" said:

I actually found it: https://7sage.com/lesson/preptest-81-s3-lr-live-commentary/

Oh so there are the Live Commentary videos already in the CC! Haha :) Sorry.

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma

Thanks JY for the LR - so looking forward to RC especially the Inf passage. I spent less than 20 seconds on the 1st sentence, glanced down at the structure & skipped it to limit losses on points and that strategy served me well. Very excited to understand how I could have gained more points on that passage:)

edited August 2017 177 karma

JY the sessions have been amazing, I think going forward I need to completely change my BR method..... You really make us drill down into that question and the ACs.

I think on behalf of everyone in that room, thank you for giving us your time we appreciate it so much

Re: RC, I deff think if I had done passage #4 and then went back to 2/3 I would have scored better. I had about 3-4 mins to do 4 and I got most wrong. Also I think the strategy in the Live commentary is so smart. It is the same as the comparative LR q. Read Pass1, go to Qs and eliminate. I can't wait to do the BR.

1644 karma

@bklsat05 Thanks for feedback. I'm looking forward to joining my session:)

• needmylsat180needmylsat180 Alum Member
    175 karma

it is somehow scary that PT81 has a very ungenerous curve

177 karma

Probably due to games section being too standard

4196 karma

think I will do my first join in on 9/3 ! :)

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited August 2017 13286 karma

@"vanessa fisher" I kept reading that, I went -4 in RC when I took the test but my LR went to poop, and not just a little. I went -7/-5 in LR and I STILL don't know what happened...blind reviewed both sections and fixed every mistake almost effortlessly. IDK what happened to me during the test...