Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Effective Learning Method?

JerryClarke242JerryClarke242 Alum Member

So I don't really understand how printing multiple copies of the same game and being able to do the games from memory helps me. It just feels like artificial point inflation. Can someone explain? Please and thank you.

Comments

• bklsat05bklsat05 Member
    177 karma

It just does, after a while when you learn how to make inferences and you do a new game you use the skills you learned.

Think of it like this: If I put you in a Caddy Escalade and told you to drive a race course the first time would be awful, second probably bad, third maybe OK. By the 5-6th time you would a) know the race course but B) know how to handle a giant SUV.

If I threw you into a GMC and asked you to drive a similar race course you would have a great chance to be great!

Well LSAC uses very similar inferences, 4 letters seperated by 3 other lettters, leaders/followers, in/out rules, in out categories, etc...

Just works - and yes I just finished drilling LGs and I would answer any question with a long answer because please I don't wanna do PT3 LG again please

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma

there are times when you magically just forget the inferences you "learnt" two minutes ago.
    also, if it feels artificial print 3-5 games at a time and repeat them in a random order. you will be surprised by how much inferences you forgot

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Many LG questions are "reincarnations" of past LGs, and you will see it once you foolproof all the games under PT1-35. If you memorize inferences, you will be able to make similar inferences in fresh games you haven't done.

• JerryClarke242JerryClarke242 Alum Member
    602 karma

So how often would you recommend redoing them?

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@JayClarke242 said:
    So how often would you recommend redoing them?

I recommend foolproofing all the games in PT1-35 unless you are constantly getting -0 on LG.

I use a slightly altered version of @Pacifico's LG attack strategy (https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1).

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    432 karma

@Kateryna said:
    there are times when you magically just forget the inferences you "learnt" two minutes ago.
    also, if it feels artificial print 3-5 games at a time and repeat them in a random order. you will be surprised by how much inferences you forgot

I'm not the only one that KNOWS "learnt" is a word!

984 karma

@"Trust But Verify" omg, do you exist for real???

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27859 karma

I've found that the foolproof method works by reinforcing the unique ways in which certain rules work in combination. For example, a block rule in a sequencing game typically exerts similar pressures on different boards, and we want to master this dynamic through memorization so that when we see a block rule among a set of any other combination of rules, we immediately recognize how it is likely to function and which placements are likely to exert the most pressure to create meaningful inferences.

It won't be recognition in the sense of remembering a specific game where the dynamic is parallel, but with time, we learn to immediately see a game's pressure points. Since fool proofing, I've never felt like a game has snuck anything by me. There's just nothing I haven't seen before and learned on a very deep and intuitive level.

Make sure you're not just trying to memorize the inferences themselves. It's all in the how, making sure you see clearly where the inferences are coming from. It's the how that is important and which is applicable to future games.

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    432 karma

@Kateryna said:
    @"Trust But Verify" omg, do you exist for real???

Lmao. yes. shout out to you. lol

984 karma

@"Trust But Verify" oh how many times i have been corrected from "learnt" to "learned"
    rolling my eyes
    the struggle was real