Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practice exam or not ?

Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member
in General 206 karma

I am taking the September Lsat which is on Saturday and want to take a practice exam tomorrow morning (Wednesday), is this a good idea or not since its kind of close to test day?

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Probably won't kill you either way. I would hesitate to grade it.

If you wake up tomorrow and just feel amazing then maybe take it.

You could take only like 2 or 3 sections instead of the whole thing.

The main point is to not let it ruin your confidence one way or another. Also, don't let it mentally tax you too much.

You're probably not going to learn anything from it at this point.

• RGiggi13RGiggi13 Alum Member
    36 karma

I'm taking tests through to Friday. Good points about not letting it ruin your confidence...I'm just looking at it as a tune up to work on specific things.

• Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member
    206 karma

So take it and not grade it then ?

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    edited September 2017 1084 karma

The last two PTs I did, I didn't grade them (I did check for the right answers and wrong answers, just didn't score it). I found it helpful.

• Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member
    206 karma

The last PT I took was on Saturday and it was the highest I have scored. So I don't know what to do. I'm lost lol.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

I'm taking one tomorrow too brother! Then taking Thursday and Friday completely off. I say go for it.

• gloriaurbina7gloriaurbina7 Alum Member
    77 karma

Since you got the highest score on Saturday, I would say take it to see if you get that score again or slightly lower. IMO this will give you a better idea of how prepared you are for the Saturday exam.

If you get the same high score or maybe even higher -- then yay! And if you don't, then you can quickly review what you got wrong one last time before the test, so that you won't make those mistakes on test day.

Good luck though!!