Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sep 2017 Logic Games

sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
edited September 2017 in General 708 karma

So I took the exam today and I was super bummed because I absolutely blanked on logic games. They were standard and I had done similar games dozens of times before usually only going -1 to -2 but I just blanked.

[removed]

I plan on drilling games and filming myself but feel kind of discouraged especially after doing so many games and feeling like i'm pretty good to blanking out and ruining my score with this easy section.

any advice would be appreciated. thx

Comments

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

If I remember right--and these games kinda just all run together at this point--that particular sequencing game had too many possibilities to usefully split (and have it be worth the time). But, then again, I might not be remembering that particular game right.

• bsemb001bsemb001 Free Trial Member
    104 karma

I split it into 2 possibilities.

That game wasn't all that bad to me.

The one that made me really angry was the theater game. I ended up guessing on the last two questions because I was out of time.

• mblake22mblake22 Member
    edited September 2017 22 karma

//

• lsattaker1234lsattaker1234 Free Trial Member
    14 karma

Which game was the QG game? Was it the second or third game?

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

@sillllyxo said:
    So I took the exam today and I was super bummed because I absolutely blanked on logic games. They were standard and I had done similar games dozens of times before usually only going -1 to -2 but I just blanked.

I could not make the inferences that I knew how to make and just felt blank/stuck like with the food game I couldn't figure out if I should split or not and where the g/q block should go.

I plan on drilling games and filming myself but feel kind of discouraged especially after doing so many games and feeling like i'm pretty good to blanking out and ruining my score with this easy section.

any advice would be appreciated. thx

The last game I completely blanked. the first 3 I went -0 or -1. That last game I was fried.

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    861 karma

You're not alone! For me I did fine up until the third game, I made it halfway before realizing I made a wrong inference. :scream:

Needless to say I'm going to foolproof a lot more.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

if you ever feel stuck on whether to split the game board or not, just move onto the questions. it's better to try to do all of the questions that give you additional info (e.g. if S in in slot 2 then what MBT) and then do the MBT, CBT questions after than to sit there wondering if you should split. if you wonder about it, just move on and try to get through the questions because if you can't make the decision to split up front and are thinking constantly about whether to do it or not, you'll waste a bunch of time.

• Trust But VerifyTrust But Verify Alum Member
    432 karma

All of y'all did great either way.

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

I am just upset because i feel like i let the pressure get to me - i did ok until the 3rd game

708 karma

can anyone recommend what games to drill based on the sep test games?? i think it was mostly sequencing right

1269 karma

@bsemb001 said:
    I split it into 2 possibilities.

That game wasn't all that bad to me.

The one that made me really angry was the theater game. I ended up guessing on the last two questions because I was out of time.

Hmm... we're u able to completely determine all possibilities, or was that just a schema into which classes of possible worlds for the game fell?

I thought that I started splitting then told myself that I should just hit the questions instead of trying to do so farther.

• sdunlap1984sdunlap1984 Member
    edited September 2017 33 karma

deleted

708 karma

@sdunlap1984 said:
    The third game threw me too. First two were easy, realized I was struggling on the third and getting frustrated (always a bad idea for me, it just gets worse), took a beat, moved on to the 4th and finished it and came back and I think I salvaged the 3rd.

I am frustrated I got thrown by the 3rd game. If I need to retest, I will drill that game type into the ground. Overall, the test seemed easy, mad I struggled here.

Do you remember the game types I honestly kind of
    Blanked. It's ok to talk about that right?

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    edited September 2017 1084 karma

@acsimon just wanted to say our conversation on when to use a chart and when to use standard grouping setup ended up being really useful on this test. I felt I did really well on the games (usually my weakest section and had 5 minutes to spare at the end). So thank you!

• janesp34janesp34 Member
    38 karma

I felt defeated in the logic games. I don't know why I wasn't able to focus on that section. I only did 2 games - I am signing up for December to redeem myself.
    I am upset at myself because I didn't believe the games were particularly difficult compared to any other PT. :(

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

@sillllyxo said:
    Do you remember the game types I honestly kind of
    Blanked. It's ok to talk about that right?

You can really only talk about things very generally. So, you can reference that there was a restaurant daily special game, but you cannot talk about its mechanics or any details.

708 karma

@janesp34 said:
    I felt defeated in the logic games. I don't know why I wasn't able to focus on that section. I only did 2 games - I am signing up for December to redeem myself.
    I am upset at myself because I didn't believe the games were particularly difficult compared to any other PT. :(

this is exactly what happened to me :(

edited September 2017 1269 karma

@"vanessa fisher" said:
    @acsimon As soon as I reached game 4, I saw right away which method was best and I felt I did really well on the games (usually my weakest section and had 5 minutes to spare at the end). So thank you!

You're very welcome; I'm glad it was helpful!!!

• gloriaurbina7gloriaurbina7 Alum Member
    77 karma

The authors game and the witnesses game threw me off. I panicked and lost valuable time, and once I stopped freaking out, I realized how to draw them, but by that time it was too late and I had to guess.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Please keep conversation about the Sept. 2017 test to the official thread.

This discussion has been closed.