Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does 7sage decide on individual section difficulty rating?

law_schoolguy42law_schoolguy42 Free Trial Member
in General 22 karma

I was curious about what the curve on the September LSAT would be. I began searching through recent tests to see if a test with easy LG ever had a -11 curve. Both 78 (-11 curve) and 76 (-12 curve) had their LG difficulty listed as "easiest" (1/5). This struck my as strange, because to me these games are more difficult than 81 which has its LG section listed as "easier"( 2/5). Are the ratings just assigned by someone or are they the result of averaging user's scores?

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited September 2017 12637 karma

Difficulty is based on how many 7Sagers got the question right or wrong on their first try while using 7Sage's analytics.

• law_schoolguy42law_schoolguy42 Free Trial Member
    22 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Difficulty is based on how many 7Sagers got the question right or wrong on their first try while using 7Sage.

Interesting. Hopefully, that means even though September LGs were pretty simple, we could still see a -11 (or at least a -10) curve.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Difficulty is based on how many 7Sagers got the question right or wrong on their first try while using 7Sage's analytics.

Good to know!

• Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
    877 karma

@42and35 Where do you see section ratings? I can only find individual question/games/passage ratings? (I'm looking to do a similar analysis to your's regarding the likeliness of an insanely small curve for September haha).

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@bswise2 said:
    @42and35 Where do you see section ratings? I can only find individual question/games/passage ratings? (I'm looking to do a similar analysis to your's regarding the likeliness of an insanely small curve for September haha).

When you look in analytics and see the sections of the test on the graph, if you mouse over it, the section should give you a "easy" "medium" "hard" rating

• Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
    877 karma

@LSATcantwin Found it! Thanks.