Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Switching from Kaplan to 7Sage

Daniel BDaniel B Member
in General 79 karma

I am new to 7Sage and am just getting started with this program and am loving it so far. However, I am concerned with the best approach to take on practice tests. I've already taken tests 64, 72-73, and 75-76 as full length proctored exams while going through Kaplan's syllabus. I've also been taking their lessons for quite a while and have fairly thoroughly covered their plan which uses tests 45-61. I was planning on using all other tests as full length proctored exams as I push towards the December 2nd LSAT.

Looking over the plan here at 7Sage- I am worried about using all of the earlier tests 1-35 to go through all of the material.

That would only leave me 36-44 and 61-81 minus the 5 sections I have already taken.

Is 24 more full length proctored exams enough?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited September 2017 23929 karma

@danbiddulph4 said:
    I am new to 7Sage and am just getting started with this program and am loving it so far. However, I am concerned with the best approach to take on practice tests. I've already taken tests 64, 72-73, and 75-76 as full length proctored exams while going through Kaplan's syllabus. I've also been taking their lessons for quite a while and have fairly thoroughly covered their plan which uses tests 45-61. I was planning on using all other tests as full length proctored exams as I push towards the December 2nd LSAT.

Looking over the plan here at 7Sage- I am worried about using all of the earlier tests 1-35 to go through all of the material.

That would only leave me 36-44 and 61-81 minus the 5 sections I have already taken.

Yes, that will be enough. The good news is that you've left the most recent and valuable tests untouched. I think 24 full PTs is a great amount to aim to take.

You can also re-use taken exams. They are still plenty useful so don't count them out.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@danbiddulph4 said:

Hi - I'm doing the same thing. I took Kaplan for the September test and now transferring over to 7Sage for the Dec test. I love it too. I was concerned about having taken many of the 70's tests but I think going over the earlier tests will be fine plus the very latest ones will be helpful for us too.

I was also thinking of retaking the tests I already took with Kaplan once I'm done with the 7Sage CC to see how I score and how differently I approach the questions - I have a fairly terrible memory and think that I may not remember most of the questions anyway. You may want to do the same unless you think it won't work for you.

If you want to PM me to discuss specifics throughout the course, feel free. Good luck.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27885 karma

I think you're in good shape. Just make sure to value the newer fresh tests: Don't take them lightly. Use the earlier ones to identify weaknesses, use the earlier ones to address those weaknesses, and then use the newer ones to test once you think you've successfully eliminated them.