Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law School Report Fee

Does every law school require a law school report fee? And, if so is there any way to get a waiver for that?

I have 14 schools on my list on LSAC and that's almost $500 in total.

Comments

• 7SageThanks7SageThanks Free Trial Member
    166 karma

I wish. I even called LSAC about this. If you get a fee waiver (the same fee waiver for the LSAT) then you get 4 CAS report fees waived. That's it. School's used to have the ability (3+ years ago) to waive the report fee, but they no longer do. So there's no way around the $35 report fee for each school, max you'd get 4 free ones if you have been granted a fee waiver.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@7SageThanks said:
    I wish. I even called LSAC about this. If you get a fee waiver (the same fee waiver for the LSAT) then you get 4 CAS report fees waived. That's it. School's used to have the ability (3+ years ago) to waive the report fee, but they no longer do. So there's no way around the $35 report fee for each school, max you'd get 4 free ones if you have been granted a fee waiver.

Oh man! I didn't know that. So thank for the info.

Do you know if the 4 waivers expire? I was granted a fee waiver last year and hoping to use them when I apply next cycle.

• 7SageThanks7SageThanks Free Trial Member
    166 karma

The fee waiver is valid for 2 years and then you need to reapply

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

@7SageThanks said:
    The fee waiver is valid for 2 years and then you need to reapply

How do you apply for the fee waiver? :(

• gloriaurbina7gloriaurbina7 Alum Member
    77 karma

That sucksssss. I have the fee waiver for 4 of them but I was hoping there was something for the rest. Guess, I'm going to have to cut down my list a bit.

To apply for the fee waiver, login to LSAC > My Account > Fee Waivers. The application should be there. If you get approved, you get 2 free LSAT Registrations, CAS & you also receive The Official LSAT SuperPrep II. Most Law Schools waive their application fee if you got the LSAC fee waiver, but not the report fee :( .

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

@gloriaurbina7 said:
    That sucksssss. I have the fee waiver for 4 of them but I was hoping there was something for the rest. Guess, I'm going to have to cut down my list a bit.

To apply for the fee waiver, login to LSAC > My Account > Fee Waivers. The application should be there. If you get approved, you get 2 free LSAT Registrations, CAS & you also receive The Official LSAT SuperPrep II. Most Law Schools waive their application fee if you got the LSAC fee waiver, but not the report fee :( .

Bless you. My little fever brain cannot compute most things right now lol