Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When skipping a question do you bubble in something/mark it etc?

sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
in General 708 karma

I'm curious what everyone's strategy is for skipping on the bubble sheet. How I do it right now is I mark a tilde on each side of the a/b/c/d/e bubbles and come back to it.

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    edited October 2017 4196 karma

On the actual bubble sheet? I just leave it blank and when I finish the rest of the section I go down the questions on the bubble sheet and do whichever questions are blank

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

I draw a little arrow next to the question on the scantron sheet.

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

@TheMikey said:
    On the actual bubble sheet? I just leave it blank and when I finish the rest of the section I go down the questions on the bubble sheet and do whichever questions are blank

I freaked out on the sep lsat by doing that and thought I misbubbled the first section and therefore blew the exam :'(

708 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    I draw a little arrow next to the question on the scantron sheet.

an arrow is a good idea!!

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

@sillllyxo said:

@TheMikey said:

I freaked out on the sep lsat by doing that and thought I misbubbled the first section and therefore blew the exam :'(

Oh! Ya I thought it'd be good to also say I never like "skip" a question entirely, like I never leave something blank on the scantron. I'll pick whichever answer sounds the best, put an arrow by it, and move forward. That way I don't accidentally make a bubbling error in the future :)

4196 karma

@sillllyxo said:

@TheMikey said:

Yeah I see why doing that may cause problems. What is your bubbling strategy? Do you bubble in after every question?

I bubble in after every game, passage and for LR after each page. I think bubbling strategy may affect how you think of the skipping bubbling thing. It's always worked for me. Did you practice it before the sept test? if not maybe that's why you had a bit of a freak out. this happened to me on the June 2016 test because I had PT'd without bubbling back then and this method was ugh lol but I grew to be comfortable with it.

708 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:

@sillllyxo said:

@TheMikey said:

Oh! Ya I thought it'd be good to also say I never like "skip" a question entirely, like I never leave something blank on the scantron. I'll pick whichever answer sounds the best, put an arrow by it, and move forward. That way I don't accidentally make a bubbling error in the future :)

that's why I switched my strategy to the tilde's on either side but I'm thinking I will try the arrow :)

708 karma

@TheMikey said:

@sillllyxo said:

@TheMikey said:

Yeah I see why doing that may cause problems. What is your bubbling strategy? Do you bubble in after every question?

I bubble in after every game, passage and for LR after each page. I think bubbling strategy may affect how you think of the skipping bubbling thing. It's always worked for me. Did you practice it before the sept test? if not maybe that's why you had a bit of a freak out. this happened to me on the June 2016 test because I had PT'd without bubbling back then and this method was ugh lol but I grew to be comfortable with it.

Yeah I def made a few mistakes - I didn't take enough pt's practicing the strategy. So if you're un sure of a question you bubble it in but how do you know to go back to it?

4196 karma

@sillllyxo said:

Yeah I def made a few mistakes - I didn't take enough pt's practicing the strategy. So if you're un sure of a question you bubble it in but how do you know to go back to it?

Oh no, if i'm completely unsure I just skip it and don't bubble anything in. That's why when I finish the last question I go down the bubble sheet and whichever questions are blank I go back to in the section first. after I give those a shot I then go back to any others I had circled but did bubble in but just to look over.

idk, might not be the best approach I guess but it's just how I do it lol

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I do exactly what @TheMikey does! +1 vote for that

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

I bubble in an answer for each question the first time through, that way you minimized the risk of bubbling error, and if time sneaks up on you , at least you have a shot. I will leave my starred questions a little lighter in case I need to erase upon further review.

• 1025 karma

I'm using a bubble sheet for the first time on this PT I am doing in a few minutes. This is great. Thanks @TheMikey