Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I write an addendum?

On average my spring GPA was .4 lower than my average fall GPA. I have severe allergies that made things more difficult in the springtime. I always thought it was seasonal allergies, but when I moved back home after graduation I found out I am really allergic to the specific type of grass covering my college campus. Should I write an addendum or suck it up?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@kholmes said:
    On average my spring GPA was .4 lower than my average fall GPA. I have severe allergies that made things more difficult in the springtime. I always thought it was seasonal allergies, but when I moved back home after graduation I found out I am really allergic to the specific type of grass covering my college campus. Should I write an addendum or suck it up?

I'd suck it up, but then again, it technically is a medical condition that was out of your control. I'm sorry you went through that and that is affected your grades negatively. My concern would be that it may just come across as kind of...je ne sais pas... an excuse, too minor, and therefore not worthy of a separate addendum.

Still, that's just my opinion and I'm not admissions professional.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

I would not

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

No offense, but if I were an admissions councilor I would roll my eyes if someone wrote an addendum on .4 of a grade point. Also it might not seem reasonable that this "seriously" affected you if you didn't think to get it checked until after your graduated. I wouldn't

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I'd say no