Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got my score

LsatDrifterLsatDrifter Member
in General 42 karma

I just got my score and I decided to take the December test. I started off last year with a Cold diagnostic of 128 and now I ended up 6 points below the median for the law school I want to go to (152). Right now I feel discouraged, and talking to other people like friends and family isn’t helping since they don’t know the struggle of this test and how to relate. So now I'm signing up for December and I need advice on how to approach this test with a smart study plan. I still have to finish the CC with reading comp, but other than that any advice or general or specific would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• LindsMitchLindsMitch Alum Member
    589 karma

I would say closely evaluate the areas on which you did poorly on the September test using the score report. Unless your take that day was out of the ordinary, they likely will highlight the areas in which you should focus your attention. If you've already taken a number of PTs, you probably already know what kinds of LR questions you struggle the most with. If there is no recognizable pattern, I would suggest possibly returning to the CC to make sure the concepts are clear.

And if you aren't getting -0/1/2 on LG, then definitely spend some time BRing LG, those could potentially be "easy" points and give your score a huge bump on the retake.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

@LsatDrifter said:
    I just got my score and I decided to take the December test. I started off last year with a Cold diagnostic of 128 and now I ended up 6 points below the median for the law school I want to go to (152). Right now I feel discouraged, and talking to other people like friends and family isn’t helping since they don’t know the struggle of this test and how to relate. So now I'm signing up for December and I need advice on how to approach this test with a smart study plan. I still have to finish the CC with reading comp, but other than that any advice or general or specific would be greatly appreciated.

What is your score goal?

Congrats on making a nearly 30 point improvement from your diagnostic. That's one of the largest increases I've ever heard of, seriously!

My general advice would be to stop all practice testing and work on your fundamentals. Re-go through the CC and take notes, re-do the drills, and make sure you are understanding each and every concept 100%. Believe it or not, this test isn't very complicated; though it is very difficult, much of the material on the test can be mastered with a good understanding of the basics you have available to you with the CC.

What was your PT/Blind review average going into the Sept exam?

• LsatDrifterLsatDrifter Member
    42 karma

Thank you

• LsatDrifterLsatDrifter Member
    edited October 2017 42 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@LsatDrifter said:

What is your score goal?

Congrats on making a nearly 30 point improvement from your diagnostic. That's one of the largest increases I've ever heard of, seriously!

My general advice would be to stop all practice testing and work on your fundamentals. Re-go through the CC and take notes, re-do the drills, and make sure you are understanding each and every concept 100%. Believe it or not, this test isn't very complicated; though it is very difficult, much of the material on the test can be mastered with a good understanding of the basics you have available to you with the CC.

My goal score is 152-155 I scored a 6 below my range which left me at 146. I feel that I can do better since where I started from. All I did before going into sept exam was practice sections and I BR those (advice I received from the past test prep company I was doing.) The last practice test I took was from the last day of my prep course with the prior LSAT test prep company in which I topped out at 138 last Feb. I started 7sage in July going into Sept. but now I feel that I want to study smarter and not get the feeling i'm just spinning my wheels.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@LsatDrifter said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@LsatDrifter said:

What is your score goal?

My goal score is 152-155 I scored a 6 below my range which left me at 146. I feel that I can do better since where I started from. All I did before going into sept exam was practice sections and I BR those (advice I received from the past test prep company I was doing.) The last practice test I took was from the last day of my prep course with the prior LSAT test prep company in which I topped out at 138 last Feb. I started 7sage in July going into Sept. but now I feel that I want to study smarter and not get the feeling i'm just spinning my wheels.

Yeah, to be honest, it sounds like your last PT company kind of led you to failure. Using 7Sage, fi you take your time, the sky is the limit. I don't know you (personally) but I can almost guarantee that if you go through the CC lessons and foolproof logic games, take PTs wisely, and put in the work, a 155 should be no problem!