Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disappointed but motivated

jack.igoejack.igoe Member
in General 544 karma

Hey everyone,

Hope Grey day went well for you all. I got a 165 which I am a bit disappointed in seeing as though my average is right around a 170 with ~11 PT's taken. I went -9 LR, -1 LG, and -8 RC. I have a 3.95 GPA but I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a better LSAT score to get into a T-14 school (tell me if I'm wrong there).

My plan is to take a PT every week and switch to every other week if it gets to be too much. I'm planning on continuing my fool proofing of each game for each PT that I take. This, combined with in depth BR for the LR and RC sections will hopefully be enough for me to crack into the 170's come December.

Let me know what you think of my situation and of my plan for the upcoming months. Any suggestions are really appreciated!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

@jackigoe said:
    Hey everyone,

Hope Grey day went well for you all. I got a 165 which I am a bit disappointed in seeing as though my average is right around a 170 with ~11 PT's taken. I went -9 LR, -1 LG, and -8 RC. I have a 3.95 GPA but I'm pretty sure I'm going to need a better LSAT score to get into a T-14 school (tell me if I'm wrong there).

My plan is to take a PT every week and switch to every other week if it gets to be too much. I'm planning on continuing my fool proofing of each game for each PT that I take. This, combined with in depth BR for the LR and RC sections will hopefully be enough for me to crack into the 170's come December.

Let me know what you think of my situation and of my plan for the upcoming months. Any suggestions are really appreciated!

I think it sounds like a good plan! Of course, as always, just make sure you are taking PTs as needed; not a strict schedule. If you know you have room to improve on something, then make sure you do all you can to improve before taking another PTs. They are tools; means to and end. Not always the ends themselves.

Congrats on the 165, that's no easy score to achieve! I think more congrats are deserved for deciding that you can do better and moving forward.

Good luck :)

• Socrat3sSocrat3s Alum Member
    92 karma

Dude you have a 3.95 gpa and your score is barely below the median scores for accepted applicants for several T-14

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

Thank you @"Alex Divine". Insightful advice as always!

And @Socrat3s although I am close to those stats, I think it may be better to take the December LSAT even if it only gets me a single point increase. I think that any increase in LSAT score is more than worth the delay in getting my apps in. If the December test goes awful and I know it walking out, I can always cancel it and apply with my 165!