Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Struggling to come up with explanations for wrong answers

LivePumpkinLivePumpkin Free Trial Member
edited October 2017 in General 270 karma

Hi everyone!

I’ve noticed that when I’m doing BR, I sometimes struggle trying to come up with an explanation for why an answer is the wrong answer (especially when I’m picking between the last two). It does get frustrating at times and gets me tempted just to check answers lol. Any advice on that? Thank you! ?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

@LivePumpkin said:
    Hi everyone!

I’ve noticed that when I’m doing BR, I sometimes struggle trying to come up with an explanation for why an answer is the wrong answer (especially when I’m picking between the last two). It does get frustrating at times and gets me tempted just to check answers lol. Any advice on that? Thank you! ?

How often does this happen? If it's happening too much, I think it reflects that your fundamentals may not be where they need. You also may want to spend some time seeing if there are any overt or underlying patterns to the questions you are having trouble with when you BR.

• LivePumpkinLivePumpkin Free Trial Member
    270 karma

Good question... not too sure but I’d say it doesn’t happen too often but it also doesn’t happen rarely. So, I guess, it’s medium (if I can even call it that). How would you recommend I approach this?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@LivePumpkin said:
    Good question... not too sure but I’d say it doesn’t happen too often but it also doesn’t happen rarely. So, I guess, it’s medium (if I can even call it that). How would you recommend I approach this?

First, I'd see if I can find some pattern. It may not be as simple as question type, but perhaps it is on questions that require conditional logic or those with some/most relationships.

You also always want to see what you can do to improve while you are BR'ing. Often that means reviewing lessons or your books, doing drills, or a mixture of both.