Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confidence Drills

Marco AntonioMarco Antonio Alum Member
in General 199 karma

Just finished watching a webinar by @"Cant Get Right" regarding what to do once you have finished the core curriculum. I was fascinated at the concept of confidence drills because I seem to spend a lot of time beginning of the section. I almost never finish a section on time - particularly LR. The webinar recommends doing some sections with a kind of reckless abandon in order to modulate your confidence on questions. Eventually you'll be able to see how much confidence you feel you need on a given question to get it right without eliminating wrong answers. However, I was wondering if anyone had any insight on how to do confidence drills or where to start. Is it wise to drill easy questions under-timed pressure? How much time would that be? Would it be better just to go through the 1-16 clean PT sections and just figure it out there instead? Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks again to everyone!

Also, here is a link to the webinar about what to do once you've finished CC. Very useful and insightful information here
https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

Comments

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma

LR 1-16 do not have explanations, just heads up

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

I'd personally use any of 1-35 and use as fodder to drill by type and (newer) full timed sections to do your confidence drills with. Maybe try using some of the 40s or 50s for confidence drills. I think doing 36-82 for full tests might be needed by some, but for most, they won't have time to take them all anyway.

• Marco AntonioMarco Antonio Alum Member
    199 karma

Sounds good!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Hey Marco, just catching up on the last few days. There was a similar question on another thread I just responded to in depth here: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/13346/confidence-drills

Hope this helps!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Thanks for the link!!

• Marco AntonioMarco Antonio Alum Member
    199 karma

@"Cant Get Right" thank you - I appreciate how methodical you are with confidence drills. The link was extremely useful!

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    396 karma

I had not heard of confidence drilling until seeing this post and listening to the webinar. This has definitely been a huge hindrance for me in the LSAT process so I'm going to start doing this right away and hope I see some improvement in my timing and score!