Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What are the chances.. - 7Sage Forum

What are the chances..

I visited the D.C law fair yesterday and struck up a conversation with the assistant head of admissions at a t14 school, we have been emailing back and forth and i was wondering what the chances are that she will get a look at my application. What do you think? Does everyone on the board of admissions see an application?

Comments

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Nice! I have heard that at some schools the head of admissions even interviews the candidates. Even if she doesn't look directly at applications, she certainly has some influence. Keep up the rapport, I'm sure it can only help you in the long run!

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Thanks @tringo335 yeah i was rlly surprised. She shared some awesome info and was really amiable , i wasnt even considering applying to this school but now i am really excited to go visit. She said she would give me a tour if i went to visit

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

It seems entirely possible. I think sometimes we as students over-estimate how formal the admissions process is. Perhaps she will remember you a decide to take a look at your file? That's not unheard of to me.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

It depends. The Dean often signs off on each admission. Often, a single reader is assigned a file for the initial read. Then, depending on certain variables (usually if the candidate falls into a grey area with regard to LSAT/GPA but has other redeeming qualities), others on the committee will be asked for their input.

3679 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    Thanks @tringo335 yeah i was rlly surprised. She shared some awesome info and was really amiable , i wasnt even considering applying to this school but now i am really excited to go visit. She said she would give me a tour if i went to visit

That's great! What a nice experience :) You definitely have an IN are you applying this cycle?

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

@tringo335 yeah im definitely applying, just got to get through the december administration

3679 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    @tringo335 yeah im definitely applying, just got to get through the december administration

Awesome ... good chance of getting in!