Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am going not finishing all questions in lr...

mzoodlemzoodle Member
in General 226 karma

I just started taking timed sections, and I am spending about 3 minutes per question in LR,( obviously too much time). Am I screwed? I feel down and discouraged.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Some questions that may or may not help identify the source of your timing issues...

Have you worked through the entire CC?
    Do you use POE for every question?
    Do you try and diagram every question?
    On average, what percentage of the 3 minutes are you spending reading the question/before you start looking at the ACs?
    Do you typically find yourself rereading the stimulus or ACs multiple times?
    Are you getting the questions right?
    Are you uniformly spending 3 minutes on each question?

• mzoodlemzoodle Member
    226 karma

I did the full cc, still working on lg though.
    what is poe?
    I got many or most questions in lr correct, when doing the problem sets, without any diagramming
    I do read the stim and AC a few times,
    Average is 4 min per question..i just started doing timed sections so maybe i will get faster as i continue?

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@mzoodle said:
    what is poe?

It means "process of elimination".

I think it's too soon for you to do timed sections. You should do problem sets while timing yourself and think of ways to reduce time. You should drill main conclusion (main point) questions until you can get them all right under 30 seconds.

• mzoodlemzoodle Member
    226 karma

@ Akistotle, i did all the problem sets already though.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@mzoodle said:
    @ Akistotle, i did all the problem sets already though.

Well, I think you should do them again with a timer. Since you are enrolled in Starter course, I believe that the problem sets you have only contain "easy" questions. You should get all of them right less than 50 seconds or so.

What was the score and BR score of the timed section? If your BR score is far better than your section score, I think you should learn to skip questions. You can't spend more than 1.5 minutes on a question. (If you spending 3 minutes per question, you can only do like 11 or 12 questions. )

Good luck :)

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

This happens to everyone; try not to get discouraged. You will get better with time. :)

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

@mzoodle when you say you did all the problem sets, does that also include the early PT drilling packets from PTs 1-35? I'm not familiar with the the differences between the memberships.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    @mzoodle when you say you did all the problem sets, does that also include the early PT drilling packets from PTs 1-35? I'm not familiar with the the differences between the memberships.

Starter doesn't have access to the 1-35 drills.

• mzoodlemzoodle Member
    226 karma

Ok thanks all!