Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one who tragically misses difficulty-3 questions in LR?

danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
I don't get it. No matter my score and no matter the overall difficulty of the section, I almost always miss difficulty-3's over 4's and 5's (even in higher proportions and not just raw numbers). Is anyone else having this problem? I assume my radar is ever stronger on the questions that are clearly more difficult.

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    Once or twice that has happened to me but you must note that difficulty is subjective to everyone... so maybe the 3 is actually akin to a 5 for you. Or maybe you get complex applications but not elemental ones... or maybe you over think simpler problems.. this particular thing has certainly happened to me. That said... plenty of BR should do the trick.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    BR BR BR!
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    I think it's settled. Blind review it is, haha. Thanks, you two.
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    I've been stuck on 7-9 wrong:(...

Also, how do a lot of you study? I want to dedicate my whole spring break to mostly LR and some RC. LG can wait as the only games I usually have issues with is In/Out games. It won't take 3 months to perfect that. So, I was wondering, does anyone dedicate multiple days in a row to certain sections, or do you guys review all sections each time you study? I say this because I really want to get better at LR (IT'S TWO SECTIONS), RC will improve slowly anyway and I have a decent foothold in LG.

Not trying to hijack your thread, my question is LR focused and I can't seem to break the 7-9 threshold unless I BR:(!
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    I would say its not a terrible thing to focus just on LR for a few days, but that doesnt mean to fully ignore. Maybe throw in a RC + LG game and review them all later
    3462 karma
    I agree with @jdawg113
    3462 karma
    Also, @mpits001 do you have a copy of the trainer? It's really informative on LR/RC
    938 karma
    No but I have Manhattan LR @emli1000
    3462 karma
    I've heard that both books go along with 7sage so if you score in LR still doesn't increase maybe look up the free chapters available on the trainer's website to see if it's something you might want to buy.
    938 karma
    Okay I will :) thank you! @emli1000
    3462 karma
    938 karma
    Awesome! So much information to go over in 3 months >.<! Thank you again! @emli1000 :)
    3462 karma
    It's an overflow of information =/ & no problem
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    BR is extremely important. When you review, try to see any patterns that exist between the level 3 difficulty questions you're missing. For example, when I first started studying, I universally missed a percentage v. number question -- didn't matter if it was difficulty 1 or 5. I would not have realized this was a problem had I not reviewed. Perhaps there is an underlying similarity in the questions that you miss at the level 3 difficulty level that transcends question types and subject matter.
    938 karma
    This is very true. Sometimes I miss level 1 or 2 difficulties and I feel they are harder than their rating lets on. This alternate explanation makes a lot of sense. Off to find the pattern!
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Thanks, guys! I'll definitely be examining my answers for any potential patterns.