Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Premise/Conclusion... Printing out notes?

Andrew AlterioAndrew Alterio Alum Member

I am only starting out but I would like a simpler way to find premise/conclusion? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I struggled doing the problem set.

Also, is there a way I can print out the text underneath the videos w/out having to copy and paste them into a word document? I want to be able to highlight, etc...

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

@"Drew Alterio" said:
    I am only starting out but I would like a simpler way to find premise/conclusion? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I struggled doing the problem set.

Also, is there a way I can print out the text underneath the videos w/out having to copy and paste them into a word document? I want to be able to highlight, etc...

The best way is practice. It actually becomes really intuitive once you get the hang of it. I recommend first learning the conclusion indicator words (consequently, therefore, so, etc.) then try to practice asking yourself, “What does the author want me to believe?”

I think the ability to find the conclusion is arguably the most important skill on the LSAT. So just stick with it and soon it will be like second nature. Until then, Re-visit the lessons here: https://7sage.com/lesson/3-ways-to-identify-premises-conclusions/

Best of luck!

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Honestly, I would go on youtube and see if someone else can explain it in a way that just clicks. I actually struggle with the premise/conclusion sometimes, even though it seems so obvious to me when JY explains it.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

The thing that works the best for me is if I ask "why?" or "so?" after reading a statement a statement in the stimulus. Chances are that's the conclusion or the sub-conclusion because it will be supported by the other statements.