Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1L Grades are IMPORTANT

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited August 2013 in General 14050 karma
For those of you entering law school right about now, you already know that your 1L grades are the most important thing in the whole universe... right?

Whether to find a job or apply for transfer, it all falls on your 1L grades. Your 1L grades in turn depend entirely on one thing: the final exam. So, doing well in law school means doing well on your 1L exams.

Alan and I have put our collective years of experience at Harvard Law School together with law school tutor extraordinaire, Larry Lee, for months to develop a curriculum to help you ace your 1L exams.

Larry's pedigree is impeccable: Harvard undergrad (magna cum laude), NYU law (where he was magna cum laude and editor on the Law Review), named one of the top lawyers in NYC by a prestigious law magazine, and has taught students how to ace their 1L exams for years at rates of $150/hour. Click here to see his full bio, but you may be overwhelmed by his awesomeness.

We are happy to announce the beta launch of Law School Prep.

7Sage Law School Prep (LSP) consists of around 20 hours of content that will teach you how to ace your Criminal Law Finals.

We plan to sell the course for $197. But, for the next 5 weeks, you get to enroll for free.

Beta test expires on October 1st. The sooner you sign up, the more time you'll have to complete the course.

To opt into the beta test, please click here.

Comments

• paulfan2011paulfan2011 Free Trial Member
    125 karma
    One question. Do you have to be in Law School already to sign up?
  • J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14050 karma
    Anyone with a 7Sage account can sign up!
  • DaisyyyyyDaisyyyyy Free Trial Member
    53 karma
    This service would be awesome!
  • KK Free Trial Member
    edited August 2013 345 karma
    JY:

Really sorry to detract a bit, but as a prospective law student is it ok to ask questions about the admission process on 7sage forum?

I read the extensive information available on TLS but I had some more questions about things that were not discussed in depth in the guides. When I asked my questions there I got a lot of responses, some of which were not very kind to say the least.

My goal is to get into a T14 school but I don't want to mess up law school admission. This is a very important step in my life and something I do not wish to mess up. I have a low GPA (3.2) but I'm aiming for a 180 (or as close to it lol) on the LSAT so I can at least get into the lower of those schools. As you can see, I'm already in a pickle and don't want to mess this up!
  • James DeanJames Dean Free Trial Member
    edited August 2013 297 karma
    JY, thanks for this! Though I wish it were available later so I could use it post LSAT.

K, your comment made me laugh because I had the same experience with TLS .

They aren't kind to potential splitters, such as, you and me ( I have a similar gpa). Most of the responders, putting it too nicely, are self righteous pompous jerks.

Do you have a LSAC account? They pretty much walk you through everything.
    14050 karma
    @K Sure! Start up a new thread. (You'll need a very high LSAT score to have a chance at a T14 school with a 3.2 GPA.)
  • Eric FuEric Fu Free Trial Member
    73 karma
    Will definitely look into this...right after the LSAT lol
  • JSJS Free Trial Member
    184 karma
    wow, that's amazing. Hope next year I can end up in my dream school and I will definitely purchase 7sage law school service!
  • EuripidesFanEuripidesFan Free Trial Member
    83 karma
    The course looks great. Everything Larry says makes sense and it's easy to see how if one follows his practical approach to conquering the 1l curriculum they will be at a major advantage relative to their peers. (i.e. memorizing the black letter law b4 arriving to school, not worrying about sounding like the smartest cookie in class by briefing cases, and definitely worrying about studying efficiently for the exams)
  • DaisyyyyyDaisyyyyy Free Trial Member
    edited September 2013 53 karma
    The grades for 1L sound scary....does that mean i won't have any chance to improve after that? even i do well in 2L and 3L?
  • EuripidesFanEuripidesFan Free Trial Member
    83 karma
    Disclaimer!: I am not in law school yet but have have done quite a bit of research on this. Your final GPA is impacted by all classes you take in law school no matter the year, so of course you could improve your GPA in your 2nd and 3rd year. However, the reason why the 1L year is extremely important is because the trajectory of your legal career is disproportionately influenced by the opportunities opened and closed to you as a result of your 1L grades.

Firms for instance, will only have your 1L grades to base their decision on whether to extend you a crucial summer internship offer at the end of your 2L year due to the fact they recruit soon after your return to school after your 1L. I believe I'm not mistaken when I say that law review either becomes available or closed to you as result of your 1L grades as well.

The extent to which 1L grades, more so than any other years' grades, determine your ability to join law review (which is almost a requirement if you intend to do teach law one day) and/or secure a summer internship at a big law firm, as well as a host of other opportunities I'm omitting, are what accounts for your 1L grades being so important to your future.

Of course I am making almost too strong and general a claim here that I'm sure is subject to any number of exceptions and variances across different peoples' experiences... however this is the conventional wisdom. Hope this didn't sound too intense lol.
    14050 karma
    Yeah, that's mostly why 1L grades matter so much.
  • Joe Wu-1Joe Wu-1 Alum Member
    27 karma
    Hi J.Y, I have signed up for the beta test, but where can I find the course?
    14050 karma
    Hey Joe! I just sent out another batch of invites for the Beta sign ups. The instructions are in the email. Enjoy!
  • Joe Wu-1Joe Wu-1 Alum Member
    27 karma
    Hi J.Y., thank you very much and I have already received the email and begun the course.
  • K SK S Free Trial Member
    86 karma
    Does this course still exist?
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    @K S it does exist and it is AMAZING! you can find it at www.7sage.com/lawschool
    The instructor is different (Larry) but he has the same teaching style as JY (funny but serious).