Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Way to start prep for LSAT?

Simren MehraSimren Mehra Alum Member
in General 20 karma

Hey guys ,
I am hoping to give the LSAT somewhere around Sep 2018 , I am about to start my prep and I want to know what are the best ways to start my preparations ? My first thought is that I should take a PT available on the LSAC website ( June 2007 i guess ?) , complete it under test conditions so that I know where exactly I stand and what my strong and weak points are and then gradually work on my weak sections . Will that be an effective way to start?
Also , what are some good guides and websites for self study ?

All advice is welcome !

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27861 karma

Yeah, that's a good start. For good websites for self study, you found it. The 7Sage core curriculum is going to be the most comprehensive resource out there. You get the whole course with the starter pack, but the extended access time and extra material with the other packs would probably be a good investment considering your timeline.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Hey welcome to the LSAT journey. I would suggest starting the core curriculum from 7sage. Its, in my opinion, the most in depth program in preparation.

• Simren MehraSimren Mehra Alum Member
    edited November 2017 20 karma

Hey ! Thanks ! I am definitely thinking about the core curriculum . Also , as I mentioned , which guides should I refer to ? I have heard about the LSAT trainer, any other books I should refer to ? and I also want to know if 8-9 months will be good enough for preparation ? Considering I want to give the test in Sept 2018

• NpaleogiNpaleogi Member
    edited November 2017 23 karma

Hi, I also just started studying for the LSAT. I just started in September. Although I do not have much knowledge on the other books out there I did read on the forums that some people started with either 7sage or the LSAT trainer and would use the other one as a supplement. Personally, I think using one resource to get the basics down and keeping the strategies consistent would be the best bet and using other resources at the end to fit your needs accordingly.

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    edited November 2017 1091 karma

If you're working on the test full-time, I think it's possible to crack 170+ in 9 months. If you're not full-time on the test I'd maybe plan for a full year of study if you want to get 170+ (unless you're a genius, which some people are).

If I were you I would take that free LSAT as a benchmark. Then I would highly recommend getting the Core Curriculum. I've tried the PowerScore Bibles myself but I found them to be inferior to 7Sage. Any advice I could give beyond that would be predicated on you knowing what the CC involves and being a bit further along in your prep.