Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way to study for October LSAT.

braytsinbraytsin Member
Hi,

What is the best way to study for the October LSAT and how many hours a day?

I purchased all 3 bibles from Powerscore and all the exams.
Would this be the best way to study?

Should I just keep taking practice test after practice test?
Should they be all timed?

Please help out :)

Thanks!

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Do you have any foundational knowledge or skills with logic and reasoning? If so you could PT if you wanted, but if not then it's probably way too late in the game to take the October test as you'll likely need at least a month to develop your fundamentals. Study as much as you need to without burning out. For some that's four hours a day for five days a week, for others it's 8+ hours per day, 6+ days per week.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Put the bibles down and get a copy of the LSAT trainer.
    8021 karma
    @emli1000 said:
    Put the bibles down and get a copy of the LSAT trainer.
    So much this. As I've said before, use the PS bibles as kindling for a fire and then read the Trainer by the light your fire produces... ahh summer nights...
  • vpalermovpalermo Alum Member
    4 karma
    I completely agree with emli1000... I wrote the June LSAT and am re-writing in October... i've been using the LSAT trainer and supplementing it with 7Sage and the Cambridge LR bundles from PT 1-39... I'm already understanding everything so much more clearly... however, I already have the fundamentals well understood at this point in the game.
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    If you have; t already, at least get the basic 7sage package and buy the LSAT trainer.

Get a foundation and then take and review many PTs
  • fuzzy228fuzzy228 Alum Member
    107 karma
    Is the LSAT trainer written by Mike Kim? I saw this on Amazon, I just want to make sure it is the same book that everyone is talking about. Also, there are two versions, 2013 and 2015. Which are you guys using? Thanks.
  • profile427profile427 Alum Member
    213 karma
    I'm late to the game with the LSAT Trainer, and I would have to agree - put down the Bibles. They're incredibly clunky. I pretty much only use them for practice material at this point, but there is a bit of overlap between the two.
  • cjs11cjs11 Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    Hi,

I am kind of in the same situation in regards to the Oct LSAT. I have the LSAC guide and super practice book. I work two part time jobs and have an internship. I study twice a week and do section practice on the weekends. Should I also invest in the LSAT trainer? And because of the rigor that comes with studying, should I put off for Dec? (I started studying last month to be exact and the logic section is the only section that gives me some issues). I also don't want to burn myself out with too much studying because my Fall semester in college begins in August.

Thanks!
    8021 karma
    If you have that small a window to study and haven't even gotten your fundamentals down by this point then I think October is generally unrealistic. Of course, if your diagnostic was a 155 and you need a 160 then you could probably pull that off. Anything 165+ is going to take a bigger investment of your time and energy.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @cjs11 said:
    Should I also invest in the LSAT trainer?
    Yes.
    @cjs11 said:
    And because of the rigor that comes with studying, should I put off for Dec? (I started studying last month to be exact and the logic section is the only section that gives me some issues).
    Probably. I've been studying for a full year and only pulling the trigger on October because I have to.
  • DrackedaryDrackedary Member
    239 karma
    The LR Bible isn't the worst item out there, so it's not a total waste. I would avoid the LG Bible and suggest subscribing to the 7Sage program for that. The LG Bible spends too much time classifying questions and offers unwieldy (i.e. time consuming) diagramming methods. Refund the LG Bible if you still can IMHO.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Also, buying and working through at least 2 or 3 of the 10 Actuals books is a better use of money and time than the bibles, imo
  • petitigrepetitigre Member
    227 karma
    The most valuable study methods for me have been:

- Drill the shit out of your weakest section. For me, that's Logic Games. Just do it a lot until you hate the world. It's like working out. You're exhausted but you force yourself to do it anyway and you never regret it afterwards.
    - Take as many practice tests as you can. Take AT THE VERY LEAST one per week (once you have the fundamentals of the test down). After the minimum, the frequency is dependent on the individual.
    - Use the 7Sage LSAT analytics. This is a holy grail. Seriously. It's free and it's so useful for quickly pinpointing your problem spots. I like to sort the questions by difficulty and then do a daily review of the hardest ones that I got wrong.