Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to worry...

celina697celina697 Alum Member
edited November 2017 in General 123 karma

Hi everyone,

I just took a PT and feel kind of mixed about it. I have improved dramatically on LG, it used to be my worst section and now it's my best. I got kind of what I expected on LR. On RC, I missed 16! On all the tests I have taken before this, the most I ever missed was 7, but normally only miss 4 or 5. Looking at the exam, I missed 7 questions from a single passage all because I made some wrong assumptions and did not read it thoroughly enough. I guess my question is, should I treat this section as a major concern now? Is there anything any of you have done to improve your RC score? I hadn't focused on RC at all really because I always assumed I had it down and now I am kind of shaken. My school is offering a practice LSAT tomorrow morning which I will be taking, should I wait and see if I do better while paying more attention to the RC section?

Thanks for your help, I rarely write on here but seeing all of your posts and seeing how dedicated everyone on this site is really inspires me.

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Have you done new RC lessons which were added in July? They focus on low-res/high-res summaries. If you haven't, I highly recommend watching them.

• celina697celina697 Alum Member
    123 karma

@akistotle said:
    Have you done new RC lessons which were added in July? They focus on low-res/high-res summaries. If you haven't, I highly recommend watching them.

I haven't, I will watch them. Thank you.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2017 23929 karma

I think it's really common that we neglect RC. As a result, I don't think it's a coincidence that it's commonly LSATer's worst section. Consistent improvement only came once I began treating RC like I had LR and LG --- learning the strategies, drilling, and reviewing a bunch. I also began writing out detailed explanations for each passage. I believe if you practice this enough that your brain will automatically do it when you're doing a timed PT.

• celina697celina697 Alum Member
    123 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    I think it's really common that we neglect RC. As a result, I don't think it's a coincidence that it's commonly LSATer's worst section. Consistent improvement only came once I began treating RC like I had LR and LG --- learning the strategies, drilling, and reviewing a bunch. I also began writing out detailed explanations for each passage. I believe if you practice this enough that your brain will automatically do it when you're doing a timed PT.

Thank you for the advice, I think I was so used to doing well on this section that I neglected it and subconsciously did not take it seriously on the PT. I will definitely take this advice going forward and hope to see progress!